iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fisher caught on game camera getting a meal

Started by woodroe, June 28, 2022, 05:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodroe

The Fisher is very elusive , only ever seen a couple in all my
time in the woods. Pretty good video of one here although baited.

Fisher performs insane moves to reach a meal - YouTube 
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

sprucebunny

Great video ! Thanks !

I've seen one several times. It's always a treat. The aerobatics on the video are really fun to see.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Peter Drouin

Good video, I'm happy no hook in the bate. Some here put a hook in it. A bad thing.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

The little bugger is certainly working for it. :D

Only see fishers out around Deersdale away from settlements. I thought that once to about lynx until I photographed one laying in the sun in wintertime at the end of the field. But I had seen tracks for a number of years around here. Not every year though. River otters are more common now, see them in winter.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

B.C.C. Lapp

Mrs. Lapp and I liked the video.   There was never any fishers around here when I was a boy but we sure have them now.   Ive spotted two in the last couple of months. 
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

thecfarm

You're not that far from me. 
I wonder how many are around here that I don't see.
Kinda like bear around here too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don P

We were working near Lake Superior beside a small lake in the woods. I was out by the camper shortly after dusk when something small dark and fast blew through camp. Where I'm from if we have creatures like that I've never met them, I about had a heart attack  :D. I went inside and described it but I still didn't have a clue. We were at the local tavern for dinner a few nights later and there was one behind the bar being still enough for me to study him  ;D.

Southside

Was running a trap line back in the late 90's with my boss and he got a fisher on a leaning pole set in a 220 conibear.  He grabbed the cat, flipped it over his shoulder into the ash pack basket - we all had them back then - re-set the trap and we were on our way.  Not a minute or two later I saw two paws and a head peek up over the top of the pack basket and look at me.  All I could say was "It's, it's, it's" and point, and my boss knew what I was trying to say.  He peeled off that basket and we both managed to run in bear paw snowshoes.  When we decided it was safe to go back the basket was still there, but no cat to be seen.  Those are tough animals.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Quote from: thecfarm on August 06, 2022, 06:41:18 PM
You're not that far from me.
I wonder how many are around here that I don't see.
Kinda like bear around here too.
In winter months I see tracks in the snow quite often. Sometimes within 50' of the house. Their tracks are easy to identify. Front and rear paws are side by side with one slightly ahead of the other. 
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Thank You Sponsors!