iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hunting E Bikes

Started by Walnut Beast, September 10, 2022, 07:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

Nice unit! Great feedback 👍

Stephen1

#curved-wood How do you like the fat tires in the summer or when there is no snow? My buddy has the same bike he uses to ride around locally (beer oclock on the lake) but is an avid biker, road bike and mountain bikes. So he does not venture very far on the electric bike. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Ron Scott

They are classed as a motor vehicle for use on National Forest system lands, so they are only permitted on motorized trails.
~Ron

Walnut Beast

I was confused about that because I was hearing they were allowing them on trails. Now I know the catch that both of these articles are saying. Yes they are considered motorized on National Forest lands but it sounds like in many different locations that they are changing the designation of trails to accommodate E bikes 

https://www.wyomingpublicmedia.org/natural-resources-energy/2022-04-21/the-national-forest-service-issues-new-guidance-for-e-bikes

https://www.peopleforbikes.org/news/u.s.-forest-service-finalizes-ebike-guidance

thecfarm

Long ways from what you guys want.
I just got done putting an Anywhere Bike together. This is a trike for the wife. Her balance is not the best.
I do know one thing, That thing will go!!!
I only took it on our dirt road. Wife took it down to the tar road and said it went really good. It has power assist, just an easy turn on the pedals and I could feel it kick in. Has 1 to 5 assist.  I had to fight her for it to try it out.  ;D
Yes it has fat tires.
The motor is on the front tire. But when you pedal, that gets the rear tires going.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

stavebuyer

This forum costs too much. Not hunting bikes but I just ordered a his and hers set of the Lectric XP's with the extended range batteries. A purchase that wasn't even on the radar until I read this thread.

SawyerTed

We do like ours!   They are perfect for us. 

Sorry about that.    :o :D
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

stavebuyer

Lectric owes Ted and Jeff a commission. I did name the Forestry Forum as the "source" that led me to Lectric.

curved-wood

Quote from: Stephen1 on September 15, 2022, 07:57:56 AM
#curved-wood How do you like the fat tires in the summer or when there is no snow? My buddy has the same bike he uses to ride around locally (beer oclock on the lake) but is an avid biker, road bike and mountain bikes. So he does not venture very far on the electric bike.
On asphalt the tire are more noisy than regular tire but not enough to bother me. Even on summer I go in the forest with it and mud tire are much more stable. We are just back from a camping and bike trip ...super. In a 6 hours of biking ( probably around 40-50 miles) and the battery was still in the 70 to 80%. The more you pedal strongly, the more milage. But the real fun is that you pedal what ever you feel like; if the hill is too steep just ask more power from the battery.

Walnut Beast

Guys are saying nothing but love for hunting E bike and the one guy said he's definitely investing in a trailer for next season

gspren

Just saw this and thought I should say I just got a Radrunner 2 a few weeks ago, so far it's fun. I will be using it in Delaware where the terrain is mostly flat. I pan to use my deer cart if I need for retrieval but will be able to carry what I need to hunt on the racks, it has a substantial rear rack as part of the frame and I got the optional front rack which is easy to put a milk crate on. I will try my first hunt in Oct so maybe I'll have something to report.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

gspren

I can do a partial update, 4 days of hunting but still no deer retrieval. The Radrunner2 worked great for getting me and all my daily hunting supplies from the parking area back to the stand. I think it would pull a deer on the cart ok once you got moving, I say this because I feel the starting torque isn't that great but once moving not bad, I'm talking about starting without peddling, my bike has a 750 motor and can be ridden with or without peddling. I mounted a milk crate to the front rack for most of my gear with the gun in a padded case strapped to the rear rack. I have a handicap permit and added plastic handicap signs to both sides of the milk crate mostly so other hunters seeing it won't complain. I did get a front tire slow leak after the first day so probably got a green brier thorn, had to air up each day but then it held good enough for the day, going to try some FlatOut brand tire/tube treatment and will also report on that. Maybe next month can talk deer retrieval.

Walnut Beast

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted 👍

gspren

Another small update, as stated in my last update I had a slow leak in the front tire probably from a green brier, needed to add air once a day. Last Saturday I added about 10 oz of Flatout brand tire goo to each tire and then aired up and rode around to distribute it, it's now 8 days later and tire is still holding up without needing air. I used the Flatout brand because it advertises 10 year life span while Slime brand only says 2 years. It's still a few weeks till my next DE hunt where I'll use the bike.

Thank You Sponsors!