iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

asian companies

Started by ely, August 24, 2012, 05:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ely

i know im not the first one to search for products online and see all the china products that are out there in cyberworld... i was looking for planer blade sharpeners/grinders. and found alot of pictures of realatively nice looking equip., but always a but, i can never find any contacts where i can locate such equipment here.

i have seen a circular saw blade shapener, and also a planer knife grinder that i would be interested in but as of now its like a wish book to me.

also some of you sharper minded folks please tell me how many inches is 650 mm. :D

tyb525

25.5906 inches ;D

I see those websites too, chinese products but I think they are looking for mass export, don't think you could just buy one and have it shipped across the world.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

ely

thanks ty , thats what i thought too.

drobertson

I have ground a few of the planer blades in the past, You might find a local machine shop that has a surface grinder that needs some fill in work. It is a bit time consuming but the end product is worth the results.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Clam77

Quote from: drobertson on August 25, 2012, 04:05:46 PM
I have ground a few of the planer blades in the past, You might find a local machine shop that has a surface grinder that needs some fill in work. It is a bit time consuming but the end product is worth the results.

I ground a few on a surfacer for a couple companies when I worked in an engine/machine shop out of high school - always puts a good edge on and extremely sharp.  And yes - it took probably 10 mins to get each one set up perfect and only maybe 3 mins to sharpen.   :D
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Slabs

Quote from: ely on August 24, 2012, 05:06:36 PM
i know im not the first one to search for products online and see all the china products that are out there in cyberworld... i was looking for planer blade sharpeners/grinders. and found alot of pictures of realatively nice looking equip., but always a but, i can never find any contacts where i can locate such equipment here.

i have seen a circular saw blade shapener, and also a planer knife grinder that i would be interested in but as of now its like a wish book to me.

also some of you sharper minded folks please tell me how many inches is 650 mm. :D

I sharpen my Grizzly planer and joiner blades on my Grizzly sharpener.  The Grizzly machines are touted to be made in Tiawan but I have my doubts about that too.  I would much prefer my tools be made in Cincinatti or Kalamazoo.  Just two cities that came to mind.

Our political hopefuls talk about "creating" jobs.  My position is to RECOVER our jobs back from where they were exported.  The United States became  the greatest nation on the earth through our PRODUCTIVITY.  It effected the noble conclusion of two world wars.

American consumer goods, appliances,tools household fixtures etc. should be produces in America where we have some control over their quality.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

WmFritz

"Our political hopefuls talk about "creating" jobs.  My position is to RECOVER our jobs back from where they were expored.  The United States became  the greatest nation on the earth through our PRODUCTIVITY.  It effected the noble conclusion of two world wars."

Amen Slabs smiley_thumbsup
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

blades

shipping for anything freight size will be slightly north of $800, generally plan on more. because that's only to destination port. Import duty fees freight to delivery point ect need to be added on to that as well.

You need a cargo container load at one shot to make worth while, so the hard part is finding someone to piggy back with. It is typical of the freight companies to charge full cost to each receiver so you have to be aware of that also. This is also not a place your order ship next day  either could be a month before it gets loaded on a freighter another couple weeks or more before it would hit entry port, then customs, well you get the drift, and every stop wants a piece of the action of course.

Thank You Sponsors!