iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deal of the century

Started by Mlamountain, June 14, 2011, 07:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapper2

I've seen some funny "deals", This one's pretty amusing.......

Black Locust logs and firewood - $1400 (Galway)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-06-28, 12:00PM EDT
Reply to: sale-36jun-2466928378@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have ALOT of Black locust wood for sale. Some of it has been cut and stacked in a rough face cord (9.5 foot long 4 foot tall) and Logs that are 7 foot long. I also have 6 trees trhat havent been cut at all yet.
Im asking 1400 for everything or best offer. This would make great firewood or fence post material, wood for furniture, ETC. I know what this type of wood goes for whether it be for fire wood or other purposes so please dont low ball me. If youre interested just make me an offer, the worse i can say is not interested. I am also open to partial trades and cash.
Any questions please feel free to ask me. The wood will stay in Log shape till around september then Im going to start to cut it up for firewood.
Get in on this now before winter hits, you can get a great deal with me or you can take your chances and when the cold hits the price of wood goes up dramatically.
You can contact me either by e-mail or on my cell. The number is --------------.
Thanks to everyone and have a ncie day!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2466928378

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum
Belsaw m14, 1992 Ford 1720, Homebuilt  bandmill, Franklin 120b & a bunch of worn out, banged up stuff........gotta love it.

metalspinner

We have had lots of rough storms blow through in the past couple of months here in east TN.  My phone has been ringing off the hook with people wanting to sell me their valuable mature hardwood trees.  If they didn't already mention it, I ask how much the tree services were going to charge them to remove the fallen tree.  After I receive the answer (which is usually over $1,000)  I continue to question why I should pay them to remove it. ::)

Most folks just don't know.  And some of them appreciate the few minutes of information and education on the topic. I always wish them luck and to feel free to call me back if they run out of ideas.

One fella stuck out in my mind.  He works for one of the local papers as a business editor. (I recognized his name on my message and he answered his office phone.)  After the usual exchange of the points of view on the value of his trees, he came around to understand why his trees would cost him money instead of make him money.  The key phrase for him to get it was  "economy of scale."  You cannot pay thousands of dollars in insurance, fuel, equipment, and labor to earn hundreds of dollars in sales.

He was disappointed to come to that understanding, but I pointed out other options.  Hopefully he will be able to salvage the logs for his own use.  He had 6 poplars blow down and I mentioned that he could build an outbuilding or something with the sawn lumber by spending just a few hunderd bucks on sawing services.  I'll never know unless he writes an article about it in the paper. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!