Ding dong...Who is it?

Started by Mooseherder, May 02, 2020, 08:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

At our front door Thursday morning.

samandothers

He must like your 'warm' welcome!

WV Sawmiller

Reminds me of the Gecko and the cookies commercial. How did he ring the doorbell?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

Cool, dinner and a belt.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

At least it's a little one, I wouldn't want to meet his daddy!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Mooseherder

It was there when my daughter pulled up.  She got a picture of it and it chased her back into her truck.  It followed, went under the truck then back into the pond.  He's in the neighbors pond now.  I'm in Maine right now. Lucky gator.

Crusarius

What gator? all I see is a new pair of boots :)

Roxie

I admire your daughter staying calm. If that thing chased me, I'd be hysterical. 
Say when

Skip

Great picture , that's why I choose to live in WV . :o

WV Sawmiller

He probably wouldn't hurt you - but he'd sure make you hurt yourself.

Reminds me when I was a kid in N. Fla and the dogs got to barking on the porch and Mama went to go check. She started to open the front screen door and our old German Shepherd jumped in front and laid down and refused to move. She finally spotted a snake tail coming out from under him so we came around from the back door with a hoe. Turned out a cottonmouth was on the porch in front of the door. The porch was about 2" lower than the front door so Mama was fixing to step right over him never knowing he was there but old Rex wasn't going to allow that. Dogs are amazing at times. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

51cub

It chased her back in the truck, I don't think I could have made myself get out of the truck
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Mooseherder

A trapper caught one in my neighbor's pond a couple days after she called it in but my wife said it was another gator because it was smaller.  Smaller gator got Shanghai'd for the bigger gators behavior.  He's still out there.  I used to leave the house in the dark every morning for work and have often thought of this possibility.

Thank You Sponsors!