iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The OWB won

Started by Bert, December 04, 2018, 01:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

Once had a Doctor take a syringe with a needle on it and jeat it red hot with a lighter. Sort of twisted burnt a hole that nail. Didn't hurt since fluid had not built up yet. The broke finger it was attached to was doing a good job of it.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

samandothers

Just read this post.  I laughed so much at DonP's post I had to read it to my wife.  

I think last time I had this type thing happen I used a knife point to drill through.  I'll need to try the paper clip if/when there is a next time.  Thanks for that Doc!

doc henderson

I do these at work often.  The key is to make sure there is a build up of blood so you can stop as soon as you see a spurt.  So the knife, bit, hot object does not cut/burn the underlying skin in the nail bed.  We use a battery operated pen cautery.  Your nail is like hair s o it does not hurt.  The trick is trying to convince a 5 y/o that it will feel better after you poke it with a red hot wire.  think_not
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

petefrom bearswamp

Re Shakespeare, I seem to remember in the recipe  "finger of birth strangled babe" as an ingredient.
Gross to say the least.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!