iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tractor skidding winch

Started by bitternut, January 24, 2005, 05:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbicide

Hello

I finally went ahead and ordered a Farmi JL501 winch from Northeast Implment on Saturday(!!/17/07). It was a tough decision to make, as I could not easily pick out any one particular brand that stood out from the rest of the pack. Thanks to all who gave me some insight.

Take care & have a good Thanksgiving.

Vince pull_smiley

RALFF

Does anyone have any experience with the Uniforest skidding winches which are made in Italy. Thjey seem to have some good features and can be had for a significantly better price than some of the other skidding winches.

Don K

Welcome to the forum RALFF. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live in AL.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

RALFF

DonK, I live in Fayette County.

joe

Urbicide

According to the Hud-Son catalog, the Uniforest winchs are made in Slovenia. The Uniforest equivalent of the Farmi JL501 was only about $200 cheaper than the Farmi. No one mentioned anything about the Uniforest.  I figured the Farmi was a tried-and-true work horse therefore I chose the Farmi. It wasn't an easy decision to make!

Vince pull_smiley

dancan

i don't know if you could sell a uniforest around here but i have seen alot and used a few farmi's , i think you chose the wise and safe path . ;D

dsgsr

I know you have already made your choice, but I have a V4000 Fransgard and have used it for 7-yrs with no problems on a 41 pto hp tractor and have taxed it to my tractors limits.

David
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

thecfarm

dsgsr,welcome to the forum.Glad you joined.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

RAS 323

I've been using a farmi 351p on my 35hp Mahindra and it works great.  By and large it seems all of the tractor winches are made like tanks and it would be difficult to pick a bad one.

dsgsr

Quote from: RAS 323 on November 24, 2007, 01:59:53 PM
I've been using a farmi 351p on my 35hp Mahindra and it works great.  By and large it seems all of the tractor winches are made like tanks and it would be difficult to pick a bad one.

I agree, most of the logging winches (as long as they're not from China) are pretty able in comparison.

Thanks thecfarm, been lurking for sometime now.
Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

dancan

hey dsgsr welcome , i'm a member and still find myself lurking at times  :) it's like a bad habit that you can't get rid of but the good reading makes you come back for more  and more 8)

Thank You Sponsors!