iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Smokin a Fatty

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, July 18, 2012, 08:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

I decided it was time. I made mine using Hamburger and wrapped one in bacon. The stuffing was grated potato, jalapeno, cabbage, carrot, mozzarella and spices.

Smoked them on my BGE for about an hour till it hit 165 degrees.

The bacon wrapped one was moister but they both were very good.  I was afraid they would fall apart so I wrapped both in foil and just left the plane one on foil the whole time.

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WDH

I wish that you could text me and that my phone had a "smell" app  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

I watched a program on bacon last night. Not sure which channel it was on but they had a restaurant that made Fatties and now first thing in the morning I see this....
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Norm

Jon you're putting the rest of us to shame with these meals!

My favorite is called a naked fatty. Just a log of JD sausage with a rub on it cooked to 165°.

Weekend_Sawyer

Leftover Fatty for lunch, Ooooh man that was good!

Weekend_Sawyer

Thanks Norm,

I can't keep my hands off of this BGE.

WDH

All my trips to the refrigerator are still your fault  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

okmulch

Quote from: WDH on July 19, 2012, 08:18:39 PM
You better save room for the pig.  ;D
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Raider Bill

Quote from: okmulch on July 19, 2012, 08:31:53 PM
Quote from: WDH on July 19, 2012, 08:18:39 PM
You better save room for the pig.  ;D

Don't worry Danny will get his share way before we do as he's an official taster/cutter of roast pig.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

WDH

Yes, I am an official PICKER.  After six years, it is an honorary designation.

okmulch

Quote from: WDH on July 20, 2012, 06:19:43 PM
Yes, I am an official PICKER.  After six years, it is an honorary designation.

I have only helped Danny twice so maybe after this year I will get my junior PICKER badge.  :D
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

martyinmi

Ingredients (missing are the bacon,cilantro, and habanero pepper)

Exploded Fatties!

More Exploded Fatties

My Supper!

My fat self eating my latest creation.

I have a friend who is an American Citizen who spent the first 18 years of his life in Mexico. I told him about Fatties, and he suggested I leave out the potato, but add garlic, cilantro, and a small habanero  pepper. He told me they would explode. He said to grill them in foil for an hour at 250, then 45 minutes at 350 with the foil open. They are delicious! The Bud Light Platinum makes them taste even better 8)
I've gained 5 or 6 pounds since I've had my Kamado Grill, and It's all Norm and Weekend Sayer's fault :D 
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

WDH

See Jon,  I told you it was your fault  :D.

thecfarm

Not big on the green stuff,but that does look goooooood!!!! As your wallet gets thinner,your mid section thickens.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Magicman

Wow,  :o  that must really confuse your taste buds.   :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Patty

Good selection on the beer by the way. That Blue Bottle Bud is GOOD STUFF!

The fatty looks awesome too.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Weekend_Sawyer

Nice!
This is a vicious circle. Now I want another one!

Mike@Norwood

That looks pretty good. I had my first attempt at a fatty over the weekend, plus I made some pulled pork, and 4 racks of ribs

here's the before pic of the fatty and ribs getting ready for the smoker

here's the after pic of the fatty with a nice smoke ring.

I used zesty jimmy dean sausage and stuffed it with mozzarella, ricotta, pepporoni, fresh basil and crushed tomatoes. And of course..the bacon weave to keep it healthy

Weekend_Sawyer

That's one fine lookin bacon weve!

Looks like we have a lot of fatties here.  :D

Mooseherder

That is the best bacon weave ever!
Did you used to make lawn chairs? ;)

Mike@Norwood

nah, I was just a little crossed eye as a young lad.  ;)

thecfarm

There you go Mike,leave out all that green stuff and put the chesses to it!!!!! A real nice job on the weave. Now that looks good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

That looks tasty Mike!

mad murdock

Quote from: Magicman on July 22, 2012, 07:25:55 AM
Wow,  :o  that must really confuse your taste buds.   :D :D
Magic, you didn't think all them spanish speakers speak so fast just because its spanish do you?  With all them chili's in the food, you learn to speak real fast ;D
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Den Socling

Wow you guys are smokin'!  8)

Thank You Sponsors!