iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky problem

Started by r.man, December 11, 2013, 06:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

Need a bit of direction with a saw. I have an older Husquavarna 266 that is gutless. Idles fine, revs up under no load, air cleaner clean  and the compression feels good when it's being pulled over. I have adjusted the high speed jet in the cut and I can't keep the revs up under load. Bogs out every time and I have to let up or stall it. Would appreciate suggestions on what to try.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Ianab

Fuel filter clogged up?

Lets though enough fuel to start and idle, but once you load the engine up it starves?

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

r.man

It actually revs up and sounds normal so I had not thought of the filter. I will look. Thanks

Spike60

Air filter thought: Nylon filters can appear clean with no visable sawdust. But they can still have a thin film blocking the mesh.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

HiTech

Probably the spark arrestor screen in the muffler.

Ianab

All good suggestions.

Something is clogged up. Fuel, air or exhaust... 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

r.man

Thanks for the responses, took the saw to the firewood pile today along with a loner to actually cut and after cutting for a bit decided to trouble shoot the 266 in the cut. Took off the breather cover thinking I was going to remove the filter to test the saw and immediately saw the problem. I had had the cover off and checked the filter but in poor light so I didn't notice a solid thin covering of what looked like soot on the filter media. Scraped it off and then the saw wouldn't run at high speed, I had choked the high speed jet down to get it to rev with the available air. Readjusted the jet and the saw cuts well again. Feel a bit silly but I am used to the old style filters. Live and learn. What is the suggested method for cleaning these filters on the fly? Thanks again for the suggestions.

AdkStihl

Quote from: r.man on December 12, 2013, 03:58:23 PM
What is the suggested method for cleaning these filters on the fly?

Cheap paint brush
J.Miller Photography

sablatnic

Check the the throttle valve in the carburettor opens fully. The trigger can crack with time and abuse, and so can the vibration isolators, and both can cause the throttle to not open fully.

Thank You Sponsors!