iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Canadian Border Reopening!

Started by sawguy21, August 07, 2021, 04:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

The border is reopening to fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents on Monday August 8. 8) You will have to submit required documentation within 72 hours of arrival, unvaccinated children between the ages of 12 and 17 will be allowed in when accompanied by parents but will need to quarantine for 14 days. This is really good news for a lot of folks particularly those in places like Point Roberts WA where the only road access is through Canada.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Southside

Glad to hear that. Will the US side be open?  Have heard so much back and forth about it can't keep it straight.  

Edit:

I had to look it up but Monday, August 8th does not happen until 2033.... Hopefully nobody in government is messing with you.  ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

:D Try August 9. I havn't heard whether we will be allowed to go south.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

chet

Quote from: sawguy21 on August 07, 2021, 08:19:04 PM
:D Try August 9. I havn't heard whether we will be allowed to go south.
I wonder if I would be allowed to go back South, if I headed up North.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Southside

Just keep going north and eventually you could come back in through the southern border. Long way around the barn.  ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

Here's the list of 'stuff' required. You're still not just driving through like before the pandemic. Only folks that really want to come here badly enough will even bother with it. :D

Travel Advisory: REMINDER ? On August 9th, new public health measures will come into force affecting travel to Canada  - Canada.ca
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Brucer

The US is still restricting travel across the land border from Canada until at least Aug 21. They'll review the decision then and decide whether to ease restrictions or not. Strangely enough, Canadians have been able to fly to the US throughout the pandemic (and will still be able to).

Americans have always been allowed to return to the US from Canada (and Canadians have always been allowed to return to Canada from the US.)

If you come here to visit from the US, be sure you know what the requirements are to return home. You may need to prove you've been vaccinated, there may be testing requirements, you might have to self-isolate.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

hacknchop

Just had my first U S customer in 17 months , Annual fishing licence, a bucket of nightcrawlers and smile a mile wide.:)
Often wrong never indoubt

firefighter ontheside

I saw that the line to get across the border in International Falls MN was 2 miles long and people were waiting 8 hours to get across.  How are they going to go to a lodge and then provide a negative test within 72 hours?
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

hacknchop

Of the 2 different parties that came in to the baitshop today one crossed the border in SSM Michigan last night said they waited about 4 hrs to get to customs officer's booth then about 15 minutes showing documentation the others crossed this morning waited about 1 hr to get to booth then 5 minutes to go through and the customs officer never even asked about the covid test results, go figure.
Often wrong never indoubt

Thank You Sponsors!