iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill value?

Started by jrkimroxie, August 27, 2014, 02:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrkimroxie

House project almost finished, so thinking of selling my mill. 4 yr old Woodmizer LT 28 with 18 horse Kohler engine. Pineywoods hydraulic turner, clamp, and toeboard added. Hydraulics run off 110 VAC or 220 VAC. 175 hours on mill, set up stationary. Only pulled once, and that was from dealership in Perkinston Mississippi to my pole barn. 10 good bands, and about 15–20 to be resharpened. Any ideas on what this would be worth?
Loving life 1 log at a time !!!!

Chuck White

You can go to the Wood-Mizer web site and plug in your mill plus anything you've added and get an "Orange Book" value!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

jrkimroxie

That would get me "new value", but not sure how that translates to used.

MartyParsons

Hello,
    Tim at MS WM should be able to get you the Orange book value for your used LT28. It will not add the additional options you have added. The orange book value will list the retail value high to low and the trade in value high to low. The blades you have are hard to put value to unless they are new in the box. Don't take this personal. To add value it would be great to have them sharpened ready for the new owner. Just my opinion.
Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

jrkimroxie

Just found the Orange Book on Woodmizer site, thanks for the info.

Chuck White

Quote from: jrkimroxie on August 27, 2014, 09:58:42 PM
That would get me "new value", but not sure how that translates to used.

That would get you the approximate value of your mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!