iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

There's greeits in my bread

Started by SwampDonkey, November 27, 2005, 06:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

buckwheat greeits, that is. :)

Sold as buckwheat cereal or cream of buckwheat, these finely ground, unroasted groats cook much quicker than kasha and develop a soft, creamy texture. They are best as a breakfast cereal or as a rice pudding-style dessert.

another excellent cereal is Red River cereal because of the Flax

Red River Cereal

Flax is also known as Linseed (linseed oil ???) ;)

What ya think guys, should we send the boss some Red River Cereal for the taste test (photos required)? :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

Red River cereal is good stuff.  8) I like it with lots of Brown sugar and milk on top.

What exactly is Cream of Wheat? We used to have that for breakfast when we were kids but never gave it much thought.

I'm so regular that Greenwich calls me to confirm the time.  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

Cream of wheat is farina. It is made from the endosperm (forms the cotyledons of a seed) of the grain, which is milled to a fine granular consistency and then sifted. Although the bran and most of the germ are removed, this cereal is sometimes enriched with B vitamins and iron. (So if it wasn't enriched you'de pretty much get as much out of a mouthful of snow) ;D

I'de starve to death on the stuff. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Robert R

I don't mean to step on any toes, but could we please refrain from using the words grits and cream of wheat in the same thread. 

Grits are like manna from God.  Cream of wheat, well, it beats eating bugs, I guess.  Oh, it really isn't that bad if its lumpy but it has to be a distant second behind maltomeal.  Now there is a breakfast for you, if'n there aint no grits available--and what kind of a life would that be?
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

DanG

May as well let'em be, Robert R, Robert R I say.  They got this antigrits mentality, mentality I say.  I found out a long, long I say time ago that it ain't no use fussin' with'em.  It alright though, as it keeps the prices down where us pore Southren, Southren I say boys can afford to keep grits in the cupboard, cupboard I say.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sawguy21

Quote from: Paul_H on November 27, 2005, 07:20:11 PM
Red River cereal is good stuff.  8) I like it with lots of Brown sugar and milk on top.

I'm so regular that Greenwich calls me to confirm the time.  :)
My dad used to make cream of wheat which sounds awfully close to grits. Never could stand the stuff but got it doiwn with lots of brown sugar and milk. Oatmeal cooked overnight was a lot better.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CHARLIE

I love grits.  I like grits with eggs and ham or bacon or sausage.  I like grits with fried fish.  But I also like hot cereals. Especially just after coming in from moving snow.  I like a variety of hot cereals.  I like oatmeal plain, oatmeal with apples and oatmeal with raisens.  I like cream of wheat with butter and white sugar.  I like Red River cereal.  I like Mapo and I like Maltomeal. All that stuff gets me back to room temperature in a hurry. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!