iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln fan

Started by xlogger, September 02, 2017, 12:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

My fan in the kin sounds like what Danny has been telling me for awhile now. One of the fans in the unit sounds like it's loose. I guess I'll be ordering one after the holidays.  Maybe I will go ahead and take it out and replace with one of the extra 4 fans I put in the kiln till the new one gets here.  That way I can keep running the kiln. The extra ones are simple to install.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

pine

Are the fans on the L53 the same as the fans on the L200? On the Nyle site I only see the L200 and L300 fans.
Or is this the fan that is inside the unit itself?
Hope the price is not too bad.

xlogger

Not sure about that but I have an outlet giving to me of a place you can get the fans, they suppose to take heat somewhat better than what came with the unit (sorry Stan). Maybe Stan will see this and have a better idea. pm me if you need it.
Just looked at their site and they say the fans are on back order.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

xlogger

I took both of the fans out of the unit yesterday, one was making a pretty good noise and the other just a little louder than normal. Since I had it apart I decided on going ahead and replacing both. I rob the new fans off the shelf I built in the kiln that I had 4 extra fans on, now to order two to replace them. The two off the shelf was about 1/2 inch thicker than the ones that came with the Nyle so I had to cut a small area off one so they would fit without hitting each other. If you look at the fan on the left you can see where I had trim it back a little near the other fan.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!