iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Larger tree pic with my 440 for scale

Started by RayMO, December 03, 2013, 09:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayMO

Not the biggest she ever pulled but close.Also one of the bigger Maples that scaled over 1,600 Ft.

Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

thecfarm

I bet that poor skidder was making some noise with that behind it.A good picture. About how long was that tree?
Hey Ray,could you put a few of your pictures in this thread?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html

I go back through the above link every so often.I always enjoy that thread.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maine logger88

That's a nice tree don't take many of them too make a load,looks like the 440 earns its keep 8) is that an A or a B series?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

mad murdock

That sir is one nice jag for that machine! Well done.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

RayMO

The skidder is a plain 440 as best I can tell . And the Maple was almost 60 ' .

Decked

You'd better give that 440's wheel seals & winch driveline an extra shot of grease & tell 'er ya luv er'!! 8)

I had a red oak that had 1860 bd ft. in it & had to skid it 300 ft. once...I think that was the only day in 14 years that I actually had a profit :D :D

Autocar

14 years that I actually made a profit  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Bill

CX3

Loggers could buck those monsters in the woods. But it wouldn't make for a very cool pic now would it lol
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

RayMO

I drug the Maple over a half mile up hill out of a creek bottom and did not want to make two trips . The only reason it was still standing is because it was leaning a bit toward the creek and the previous loggers over the years were afraid to cut it . I just hated to see such a mature tree end up wasted so done some serious wedge and sledge work and side fell her next to the creek . Made me and the land owner very happy !

Thank You Sponsors!