iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

440A will go in reverse but not forward..

Started by nyyounggun16, September 20, 2014, 02:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyyounggun16

Heys guys looking for help 440A will go in reverse but not forward its a standard could it be a shifting fork broke or am I way off? Its forsale for very cheap just wondering what kinda deal it would be to fix? Thank you for any help.

Firewoodjoe

I had one once. Had trans trouble. Te syncroze we're shot but the main reason was the clutch fork. I have a machinist friend and he welded it up. It's a chore to get the trans out but if I remember right the fork can be done from the top. Can I ask what your asking for it?

beenthere

Firewoodjoe
QuoteTe syncroze we're shot

I'm curious... what it be.  Is it french?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Remle

I'm not sure which transmission you have, but you can look up the 440 online at the JD parts web site, section 1256 Log Skidders. Removing the top cover should let you view the fork and syncro disks, but the engine has to be removed to work on the fork or clutch packs.

nyyounggun16

Ok kinda what I figured ill have to take that cover off and see. I'm looking at buying it he's asking 2500. Seems to be in good shape considering the  year.

Firewoodjoe

Wow I wish u were closer. And sorry. Smart phone auto correct. And I had my tranny out twice. Changed all the disc and clutch fork and I never have had the engine out. The manual said I did but not true.

coxy

Quote from: beenthere on September 20, 2014, 02:55:01 PM
Firewoodjoe
QuoteTe syncroze we're shot

I'm curious... what it be.  Is it french?
beenthere you are such an (AS )  every time someone spells a word wrong you have to nag on them and make fun of them you must be the biggest bully in your town

beenthere

Quotebeenthere you are such an (AS )  every time someone spells a word wrong you have to nag on them and make fun of them you must be the biggest bully in your town

I guess you knew what "Te syncroze" meant.
I didn't, and thought others might want to know too.
Sorry if I tripped your trigger. Didn't think I was nagging the OP, but so be it. ;) Have a nice day coxy.

And my sincere apology to FirewoodJoe.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thenorthman

Could just be the linkage, on the psycho Rage Tranny there is a bit of a Rue Goldberg mess under the dash all held on by a teeny tiny snap ring (mine is currently wired on...) or even tinier cotter pins, its a stretch, cause honestly the synchro fork or what have you is more likely.

top of the Trans isn't to hard to get at at least, just the one cover and PTO drive.
well that didn't work

nyyounggun16

Thank You Sponsors!