iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TimberKing 2000 Blown motor

Started by vfauto, November 23, 2021, 06:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vfauto

I have a TimberKing 2000 with only 120 hrs on it and the engine blew up. There are no Kohler replacement engines anywhere and I am wondering if there are any other options anyone has used for a engine?

Thanks Frank 
The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

doc henderson

Frank, have you checked with TimberKing.  Matt will know what is available from them and often has advice, if they have seen this in the past.  The advertise diesel replacements on the website to the left.  when you say blew up, what exactly broke, and why?  are you asking if we know of a used engine, or if we want and have a use for a used blown engine.  thanks.  Doc

25HP Kubota Diesel Upgrade for TK 2000
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Will_Johnson

Hi Frank:

Sorry to hear that. Looks like it's a 2015 machine? We should be able to find a positive path forward. Please give us a call.

Best,

Will

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

vfauto

TimberKing could not help me, i found a motor that i will just transfer accessories. Thanks all 
The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

doc henderson

what exactly blew up on the old motor?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

vfauto

doc henderson

Yup.  that is hard to fix.  thx.

Will_Johnson

With respect, I don't think "TimberKing could not help" is a fair reflection of our involvement here.

It's true we do not have an exact replacement engine on-hand at this moment that we can send. The nature of the times.

However, we did offer two other engine options that would work. We also worked with you to confirm the specs in the third party engine you found so that you could be sure it would work. Our head service tech spent over an hour yesterday in one way or another working on this with you/for you.

We can agree to disagree, but in my book, that counts as "help."

maple flats

If anyone ever has a similar failure in the future, check for a short block. Back in the late 80's I had a Briggs fail on an irrigation pump, threw the rod. I used this pump to run 43 sprinklers on an irrigation system for frost control in strawberries. It was a 13 hp engine on a Hale Fire pump. I got a short block by early afternoon the same day and had the parts all swapped out by 6 pm. I was able to run the pump again that next night and lost very little due to frost damage, likely when the engine failed at about 7am that morning it had almost lost all of the ice. For frost control in strawberries I ran the sprinklers as soon as the temperatures fell to 35F , ran it all night . As it froze the strawberries built up a coating of ice. I then ran the irrigation until the ice melted off, that saved the crop.
I don't recall how long after the pump quit that thew ice was gone, but it must have been fairly soon after. When I had to run frost control it varied from about 7:00 til as late as 10:30 at times before the ice melted. That all depended on how long it was below freezing and how much ice had built up on the berries.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

vfauto

No short or long blocks available 

vfauto

Quote from: Will_Johnson on November 24, 2021, 10:29:30 AM
With respect, I don't think "TimberKing could not help" is a fair reflection of our involvement here.

It's true we do not have an exact replacement engine on-hand at this moment that we can send. The nature of the times.

However, we did offer two other engine options that would work. We also worked with you to confirm the specs in the third party engine you found so that you could be sure it would work. Our head service tech spent over an hour yesterday in one way or another working on this with you/for you.

We can agree to disagree, but in my book, that counts as "help."

Will,you are correct I just didn't want to lose all that HP.

Old Greenhorn

Will, for what it's worth, when I read the OPs post that you couldn't help him I strongly suspected that was a poorly phrased statement. I am not a TK owner, but as many other FF regulars know, you guys have a great rep and don't shirk on serving your owners in any way you can and have done very well at that over the years. There are of course limits in today's operating circumstances and shortages are everywhere. I wish the OP had done a better job of representing what actually happened, but perhaps he doesn't realize the widespread readership of the various threads and posts here or the impact of his statement. TK is one of the mill builders at the top of the pile. He just had a bad break with and engine at a bad time in history.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Southside

Old Greenhorn, if you haven't expand the OP's quote above your post, I think he addressed what you are saying and all is good, looks like everyone is on the same page, just a somantics issue that happens in non live conversations where you can't get a feel for how someone said something.  

Too bad about the engine - guess it was past the JB Weld repair status eh?   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Old Greenhorn

Yes, I did see that, but I just wanted to let Will know that the regular readers and members here like myself still have a high opinion of them which would take a lot more than a single post to change.
 Yes, it's a bummer to have a thrown rod. No predicting that and not a lot of options to move forward.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!