iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Gallery to post link ?

Started by pineywoods, September 04, 2012, 10:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

I think I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway. Is there any way to link a pick in a user gallery to a post where it was used ? I sometimes poke around in other users galleries, lots of interesting stuff there. When I see something interesting in Tom's gallery, is there any way to find a post where there might be some further information, other than an easter egg search ??
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

beenthere

Sometimes you can link to a post, but that varies (I find).
But you can attach a pic from the Forum gallery of others (unless they are locked for some reason) the same way you attach your own. Bring them up, scroll down to the "attach" button and good to go.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

beenthere

To test it, I brought up the gallery. In one of the random pics, there was a dovetail pic that reminded me of another thread today. I clicked below that pic and was linked to the thread of 2007

Here
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,21135.msg352900.html#msg352900

And here is the pic

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WmFritz

With you folks around, I'll never stop learning!  ;)

Now if I could figure out how to hold all this knowledge in... :) :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Warbird

Let us know when you figure that part out.  We're still working on it!  LOL

Magicman

Piney, Jeff's illustration will take you to the post where the picture was used.  If you do a forum search using the picture's address, it will take you to the actual picture in that post.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

I never noticed that little button. Funny how You can look at a screen for years and never see what's there.  I tried it, works great. Thanks...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

trimguy

I tried to look up a post with a picture and the " button " to click does not show up on my computer. Any help would be great. I'm not good with computers and my picture lady is out of town. Thanks.