iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

brain dead

Started by woodmills1, March 17, 2002, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

got right out at the majic 7:30 noise ordinance hour this morning.  finished unloading and stacking, moved the dump around the saw.  started the tractor, lubricated the drum switches, blade guides, track, and track wipers on the woodmizer. turned the key and the starter grunted, then nothing. got out the test light and quickley figured out that the fuse must be blown, sure enough. >:(  the 100 amp fuse is a flat strip of metal with some very small pieces that had burnt.  off to the store with out much hope on a sunday morning. no help in auto or hardware, but got an idea to used an 18 gage wire replacement.  stripped the wire and then as i was connecting it i saw the replacement hanging there on the side of the fuse box. ;D duh :) still got 640 feet cut before 3:00, had to do the patio furnature irish thing at four. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

JoeyLowe

:D :D :D  When you lube the drum switches, how are you doing that?
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

woodmills1

on my control panel on the HD-40 the front face unscrews.  inside are the switches and the circuit board and a little plastic tub of  what i think is dielectric grease i use q-tips to clean the black off of the contacts then rub on a little of the grease. i also make sure the contacts are lined up straight.  this seems to help as i have almost 1700 hours on the original switches.  the up down switch is about to go as one contact is about worn to nothing.  if your mill has the same switches order some centering springs before they break, as it is a pain to try to return to center by hand.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodman

Well tomorow is Sunday I hope you went to the store and got at least two of them 100 amp fuses  :) ;) :D 8) 8) 8)
Jim Cripanuk

Thank You Sponsors!