iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

25 New Horses in the barn!

Started by HORSELOGGER, April 18, 2002, 05:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HORSELOGGER

8) 8) 8) Well, I got home at 7:00 last night from Woodmizer, Indy. with my new LT 40 HDG 25 , which still left me time to tear down the Lucas mill, clean up the sawdust and move the mizer into position ;D Today will be spent trying not to break anything! anyone know where I can get some orange harness for the horses?
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Bibbyman

WAY TO GO!!! 8) 8)[/size] [/glow] [/color]

Orange that is ... ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Corley5

Horselogger,  How's that Logosol planer/molder working for you?  Congrats on your newest toy too 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

HORSELOGGER

Well  10 hours on the meter and I dont need any parts!  I sawed 275 feet of gnarly cherry logs yesterday to get the hang of it, and I only threw one log and one cant up and over the top of the log supports! ( boy is that a tough one to solve when sawing alone >:)  Today was 18 foot white pines all day, sawed into 2 by and some 6x6 beams for a new barn. I know there are a lot of tricks to learn, but my whole world of sawing has changed! There is a lot more potential in this hydraulic mill  then I had to deal with on my Lucas. So far I am very pleased and the log handling alone was worth the switch ;D            As far as the Logosol...........I hesitate to answer on a big forum like this, but I can share my experience, because it is just that,   mine.   The bottom line is that the machine was sent back to Baileys and my money was fully refunded ( that is why I upgraded my mill )  After over 2 months of screwing around, the machine simply could not make acceptable hardwood flooring.  I was told at purchase time that it could and that it was used in other parts of the world for this, but after many frustrating hours, I was informed otherwise.  I dont want to go into a big rant or run down Baileys, the fact that the machine was returned should say enough.  
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

ARKANSAWYER

Horselogger,
   WM does sell WM orange spray paint but it may not be good for the leather.  If I remember right (now ole age is setting in) you was trying to lead me down the swingers path and trying to gang up and circle me with swingers. :) :) :)  Bands are better if for no other reason then hydralics.  Both have their place I guess and your bdft per hour will increase with time.  Soon you will be like Macurtis and know what the sound is when your band hits the mill. 8)  
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Frank_Pender

Horeslogger, thanks for the information on the logosol.  I was very near to getting one after the show in Eugene a few weeks ago.   8)
Frank Pender

HORSELOGGER

:'( :'(  Well.   its broke already!!!  some sparks starting coming of the moveable blade guide, and upon investigating, the roller had locked up and some of the felt washer material behind the roller was coming out. What the heck????Hope this is not an indicator of a problem area and is just something I did.                                                                        The hydraulics are really sweet! but ... My old lucas can cut the pine I am sawing now a lot faster, but with more sawdust to.  There is a lot more to think about now, with toe boards and a log turner, but so far I have not tried to slice up the mill itself.    Frank.... You may want to talk to other folks who own  a Logosol, It may be fine in non- flooring applications.

Thank You Sponsors!