Percentage Accuracy : 99%
Percentage Inaccuracy : 0%
Characters per minute : 652 cpm
Characters per second : 10 cps
Words per minute : 112 wpm
Words per second : 1 wps
Total Speed status : Absolute Top Class
Overall Accuracy : Brilliant

AH HA!  THe first Forum member confirmed to have 12 fingers.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I see!  Cut and paste once. I tried that too. That falls under Cheating! :D

Characters per minute : 13000 cpm
Characters per second : 216 cps
Words per minute : 2240 wpm
Words per second : 37 wps
Total Speed status : You weren't serious
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

Percentage Accuracy : 9%
Percentage Inaccuracy : 90%
Characters per minute : 350 cpm
Characters per second : 5 cps
Words per minute : 59 wpm
Words per second : 0 wps
Total Speed status : Too Good
Overall Accuracy : Very very Bad

I reckon it's a good thing I ain't still in school. :D  Now I know dang well my accuracy was better than that.....way better.  But I'll take the blame as long as I get all the credit.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

chet

:D  :D  :D  :D   I wonder if this thread is doing Kirk's broken ribs any good.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kirk_Allen

Chet I'm going stir crazy not being able to cut any wood.  I have been stuck in the office all week and its driving me nuts. 

I did manage to go look at a job today.  (See chickens to Sawdust)

I think I might try some work tomarrow, on a small scale ;D

pasbuild

My posts reflect my typing skills, very few posts consisting of short choppy sentences . The only time I use two fingers is when my left hand index finger is on the shift key and the right index finger ( MY TYPING FINGER ) hit another key.
I usually lose my train of though while looking for the right key to punch :(
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

leweee

Quote from: pasbuild on March 03, 2005, 08:13:08 PM
My posts reflect my typing skills, very few posts consisting of short choppy sentences . The only time I use two fingers is when my left hand index finger is on the shift key and the right index finger ( MY TYPING FINGER ) hit another key.
I usually lose my train of though while looking for the right key to punch :(

I feel your pain.....me too :'(
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

FiremanEd

Thank you Mrs. Moore.

Not sure if I ever told her that. She taught typing and accounting. Very likely the two most benificial classes I took in highschool. (being as how I obviously didn't pay no tention in english class)

Ed
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

Wildflower

Percentage Accuracy : 100%
Characters per minute : 448 cpm
Characters per second : 7 cps
Words per minute : 77 wpm
Overall Accuracy : Absolutely Spot on

Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

KiwiCharlie

Hey,
Its faaar easier when the words are coming out of your head, and youre not having to stop and look up at the screen to see what to type next!! ;) :D

Percentage Accuracy : 97%
Percentage Inaccuracy : 2%
Characters per minute : 237 cpm
Characters per second : 3 cps
Words per minute : 45 wpm
Total Speed status : Okay
Overall Accuracy : Too Good

Cheers
Charlie
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

pasbuild

Percentage Accuracy : 5%
Percentage Inaccuracy : 94%
Characters per minute : 86 cpm
Characters per second : 1 cps
Words per minute : 17 wpm
Total Speed status : Poor
Overall Accuracy : Very very Bad

I'm getting better went from 14 words per min. in school to 17 today ;D
at this rate I'll break the 20 wpm mark at 60 years old.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

isawlogs

Percentage Accuracy : 100%
Characters per minute : 94 cpm
Characters per second : 1 cps
Words per minute : 17 wpm
Overall Accuracy : Absolutely Spot on

Being french and doing an english test .. I dont think I did that bad ... teach do I get a little time off for good behavior ...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

FiremanEd

Characters per minute : 343 cpm
Characters per second : 5 cps
Words per minute : 56 wpm

Once again, I say THANK YOU Mrs. Moore. Wonderful Wonderful lady. And I hear she's STILL teaching, she'd been there "for-ever" when I left there 18 years ago. She's gotta be 80.

Great link Jeff!
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

Corley5

Percentage Accuracy : 71%
Percentage Inaccuracy : 28%
Characters per minute : 130 cpm
Characters per second : 2 cps
Words per minute : 21 wpm
Overall Accuracy : Poor

::) :D :D :D :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Paschale

Percentage Accuracy : 33%
Percentage Inaccuracy : 66%
Characters per minute : 391 cpm
Characters per second : 6 cps
Words per minute : 66 wpm
Overall Accuracy : Very Bad

I'm speedy...but not so accurate!   ::)  I can still hear Mrs. Peterson telling me, "Dan, it's not a race!  You need to SLOW DOWN and become more accurate." 

I think now though, I'm pretty stinking quick with the backspace key and fix things on the fly...my overall accuracy after reading the test was pretty accurate, but there was a lot of backspacing goin on.

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

maple flats

I'm with Corley5, those are about my numbers too. Actually I can still type with my hands on the keyboard as taught in typing class but rarely do. Oh, by the way, I married the best typest in the class and we will celibrate (? sp.) 38 years in Oct. and it keeps getting better!! ;D
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

pigman

maple flats,
When I first read your post I thought you were saying you were celibate. :o
Bob the poor reader 
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Fla._Deadheader

But Bob, he says it's gettin better every year.  ::) ::) :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Don_Papenburg

Much eisier to type with the words coming from  the brain than a paper or screan.  I took typing in HS went from 15 wpm to 30 in one year! I had to use the old manual type writer. Used to do the touch type in school .but hadn't typed for 30 years . I now can type with two fingers and some times as many as four.  It is surpriseing that I remember where the letters are at times.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

pigman

I keep hearing everyone praising their typing teacher. :) Well, I had the worst typing teacher in the country. :( He didn't know the first thing about teaching  >:(. He couldn't even type himself. ::) It is a wonder I can even type at all! :o
You see, I never had a typing class, I was self taught. ;D
Bob the religious typist- " seek and thou shall find"
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

chet

I musta had dat same DanG useless sad excuse of a teacher.   :-\

Chet da nontypist

Gipper

Had two years of it in high school - 9th and 10th grades - back in the early 1960's.  Got pretty decent at it then, even on the old manual Royal typewriters.  I think there might have been a few of the Underwoods in there the 1st year.  Used the skills learned a great deal through college and then in my chosen profession, prior to retirement. 

Not nearly as proficient at it now!  Fingers must be a little larger (or the keys are a little closer together  ;D.)  And is seems that arthritis, bursitis, and the other 'itis boys sure have a way of slowing the finger movement. :D

Doc

I am not about to pick on anyone here for the hunt and peck. I started out that way, and worked my way into it gradually. I still watch the keyboard while I type, but don't need to.

I found that forums like this one,a nd active chat rooms make your typing skills grow quickly. it is hard to keep up in a conversation if you don't learn to type faster. It all comes in time like anything else. I am sure I will not learn to run a mill overnight either, so in the end everyone ends up on the same level.

Doc

Patty

My boys are always making fun of my  typing skills.  ::)   I took one semester of typing in high school and didn't learn a darn thing....guess that is partly my fault since I usually picked that class to skip out on.  ;D   My boys started leaning typing in elementary, they call it key boarding. Their fingers fly over the keys, it is amazing. I get by pretty well, especially if the words are in my head and not written down on a piece of paper. I really have tried not to look at the keyboard, since I do know where all the letters are and everything, but habits are hard to break and my eyes just seem to go there inspite of myself. Kinda like telling Norm to not look at the girlie calender on the wall everytime he walks by....he just can't help himself!  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!