iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lifting wm lt-15

Started by bikedude73, April 04, 2012, 09:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikedude73

I have built a trailer for my lt-15 and am wanting to ask if I should take the mill apart or just lift it with straps and tractor.  I could also use forks also just want to do it right and not damage anything..... :P :P :P :P  Thanks you have all been a very big help with posts in the past thanks so much.  I love this forum!!!!!!!

dgdrls

I would lift the head off. Sounds like you have a tractor?
Mount your bed to the trailer lift the head on.

Also look at WM site for the loading package video, they do not remove the head when loading to a tilting trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PfXjTqk9sc

best DGDrls

Clean Image

I just did this same thing yesterday with my trailer/mill and a pallet jack...loaded it from the front over the tongue of the trailer (I still had the wheels and springs off). Once I slid it on the frame and bolted it down, I lifted the trailer up on its supports and loaded the other 2 sections...btw I did leave the head on during the "operation".
Just remember if you do leave the head on, it's real heavy to the engine side, I almost watched mine go over moving it around the shop last week.

Good luck!

D

MotorSeven

I'd center the head, strap it down so it can't roll and fork it.
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

zopi

there is a pic on the sawmill totaled thread of me putting the mill back on the trailer after I straightened...moved the head to one end, lowered and secured it, cribbeed up the other end..tractor and strap...moved the head to that end and lifted the other end...be gentle and slow...she will still be top heavy.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

WDH

I did the same thing that Motor did.   Centered the head, strapped it so it could not move, and picked up the mill with the tractor forks.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bikedude73

Thanks everyone for your comments!!!!!!!!   :P :P :P

bikedude73

Hey all thanks for the input I got the mill on the trailer and had no problems.  Thanks............ 8)

Thank You Sponsors!