iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trailer Tire WEAR PROBLEM on a WM 40 Super

Started by Gilman, August 22, 2005, 01:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilman

Thanks again for all the input.

I decided this morning to just take the mill over to Woodmizer, Portland.  I showed them the problem and their techs were great.  The tech helping (sorry forgot the name) went and talked to Ken Barton, the Portland manager about the problem.  The tech came back out and got me a new axle assembly.

I'll replace my axle assembly with this new one and return the defective one to Woodmizer.  They are going to send it back east and see if WM can figure out where the problem came from.

Another satisified WM customer.  8)
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

submarinesailor

Outstanding!!!  Good for you and WM.

Bruce

Duncan

Stopped by gillman's shop yesterday and looked at it.  Boy is it crooked.  Glad to hear that WM is changing the axle, but I would probably request that they do a big job like that over at their shop since it is resonably close to him?  What do you think Dave?  That way you won't have to deal with going back and forth shipping ect.

??
Kelly

Rockn H

That's what I was thinking.  Since the axle kit is premade for a WM it wouldn't take 10 min with an impact wrench and a jack.  And would cut out a lot of running back and forth. ::)

bitternut

Don't know why you think an axle needs camber. I know they sell them with a bend but seems as though they do that so they can make the axle out of lighter material.

I welded up this 6 x 12 single axle trailer including the axle. I used schedule 80 pipe for the tube with 3500# spindles and 5 leaf heavy duty springs. This trailer carries a full cord of green split wood with ease and the tires show no sign of wear with a couple thousand miles on them.

Seems as though that axle was  wrong from the start. Don't know how you could bang into something to cause the problem without some other damage being visible. I think they should replace and install a new axle package if it was defective.

Here is a picture of mine hauling a skidsteer. Just slightly overloaded. I think I need to weld up a larger trailer with dual axles.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bitternut

Glad to hear they stood behind their product. Wish I had one parked in my barn. Maybe someday.

sparks

Gilman I'm suprised they did not put it on for you. If the axles is defective we cover it parts and labor. If they are close to you and you don't have time to do it, run it over there and they can.  A lot easier to do with a forklift that's for sure.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Gilman

Got the new one on. smiley_sweat_drop It's really a two man job.smiley_smash  I sure am glad that I have a forklift. 
It tracks straight now too 8)

If I were to do it again, I would ask WM if I could help them install it.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Thank You Sponsors!