iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met a FF Member & Son, Today

Started by Fla._Deadheader, April 09, 2005, 07:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Today was great. Had a chance to meet Member Woodbowl and his Son, Justin. Great folks.

We trashed talked about everybody and exchanged ideas on how to build the worlds best Sawmills.  ;D ;D ;D

Actually, we had a very nice visit. Olen is a super nice guy and we reviewed pics of sawmills and trailer loaders and talked about ways to saw boards.

He was interested in our supply of parts for the Swinger Ed and I were going to build. He inspected the gearbox extension that I started turning on the metal lathe.

Justin, on the other hand, is WAAAYYYYY too talkative. We could hardly get a word out before Justin would take over the conversation. 

Naaahhhhhhhhh.  Justin is a great kid. Hardly said a dozen words.

These guys are into Ultralight Aircraft. I had some interest one time, but, I get motion sickness, so, piloting an aircraft at 2000 ft and getting dizzy, or worse, would not be cool, so, I backed away from that adventure. ;D ;D ;D

Sure was a good way to spend a day, meeting new folks.  Thanks Guys.

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

Isn't that fun to have visitors?  ;D   

I believe you are getting taller, Harold.  .....or is it the shorts making you look that way.  .......Younger too.  . ;D :)

smwwoody

Fireman Ed got a visit from a member...   now the member won't leave and he also won't let Ed touch his sawmill.

I wonder who this member is  ???
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

tnlogger

harold see what you'll be missing if you move way down south  :) all the ff members droping in and brighting your day up.

woody it must make ya feel real bad not leting ed run the saw.  ;D but then again you do get all the fun. you could at least let him run it at lunch on his days off so he can get at least
get a small fix of sawdust ta keep him going. :D :D :D :D :D :D
gene

smwwoody

I'm trying to keep him busey buying logs and selling lumber
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

FiremanEd

Quote from: smwwoody on April 10, 2005, 01:07:16 PM
I'm trying to keep him busey buying logs and selling lumber

He's being successful at his attempts TnLogger,, I can't buy enough logs to keep Woody running and can't move what he's sold fast enough to keep the yard clear. We had a backup of lumber and shipped 4 loads of lumber and 2 loads of cants/timbers lastweek just to get the inventory down. The neighbors were complaining about how high the piles were getting.

I like your suggestion of Woody letting me run it a little, I've got a total of 30 minutes on the mill in the past 4 weeks.....     :'(  I'm on WM-DT's
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

Fla._Deadheader

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now, ya need to hire a Marketing Agent?? :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

FiremanEd

Fla. is a long ways off but you may be able to fill the position via internet... interested?
Full time Firefighter / Paramedic
WoodMizer LT300 as secondary, full time job.
AccuTrac Electric Edger

Fla._Deadheader

When I get back in 2 ½ weeks, I will have a better grip on reality, maybe  ::) ::) ::)

I have a couple buyers lined up, and several folks wanting "Northern" breeds of wood. Got "Wormy Chestnut" ???

Anybody got plans for some nice Caskets, fer animals???  The Pope was laid out in an "Eternal Wood" casket. Guess who gets THAT kinda wood???  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!