iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met a new Member at my mill today.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 21, 2013, 04:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Chad Leigh, member: SCLEIGH, came from N.C. and stopped by the mill today.
We had a good time visiting and talking wood. I new he was coming with his work clothes.......so I said, "Hum....what would WDH do?"  :D I mean, a member coming to my mill with his work clothes... ;D......so I did what WDH does.......I worked the fool out of him!  :D :D :D :D :D
We slabbed table slabs from Maple and talked about Magicman and Beenthere,  smiley_gossip But it was all good and I got to meet a new member and a very nice gentleman I would not have met, if not for the Forestry Forum.  smiley_thumbsup

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

It's always good when that happens, It looks warm there :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Delawhere Jack

Slaves er.... Volunteer helpers are supposed to leave their phones at home, aren't they?

Hope you fed him something, and NOT JUST GRITS!

And one more thing.......

RUN SCLEIGH RUN!!! smiley_horserider

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 21, 2013, 04:53:20 PM
We slabbed table slabs from Maple and talked about Magicman and Beenthere,  smiley_gossip

You're assuming that the rest of the FF members did not send him to CHECK UP ON YOU!  :o

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

It's always good to meet someone with whom we share a common interest.

(and thanks for stayin' out of the pictures David ;D)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

scleigh

David was a very gracious host and I enjoyed talking shop with him. The Forum has been very helpful in learning all things wood and meeting fine folks like David. If not for the forum, I'd never met a fellow sawyer that live a little over an hour away. Hope to meet more members in the years to come.

I actually had a call from someone wanting to buy some of my pecan slabs. By the end of the call, I think I had sold the guy some of David's $300 maple slabs; he (david) has that kind of effect on people. 

It is very warm in the southeast, close to 70 today with forecast of 74 and thunderstorms on Sunday.

Chuck White

It's always a good time when Forestry Forum members meet! 8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 21, 2013, 04:53:20 PM
so I did what WDH does.......I worked the fool out of him!  :D :D :D :D :D

I see that you still remember stacking that pecan  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tee

Did ya'll get an early enough start to have breakfast including, well you know.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Tee on December 23, 2013, 10:56:24 AM
Did ya'll get an early enough start to have breakfast including, well you know.
We started right after lunch...we both had already had our......well , you know.....for breakfast.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!