iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking 2000 demo?

Started by reswire, November 13, 2019, 09:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reswire

Curious if anyone with a TK 2000 would be able to demo their mill for me.  I would like to see one work in person, without traveling the distance to the factory.  I'm located in Virginia, would be willing to pay for the privilege.  I'm thinking of getting another mill; loved my Woodmizer, but trying to keep an open mind!  If anyone is located in a nearby state, let me know.  

Thanks,
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

reswire

If you know where TK is doing a Demo day for the 2000, I'd would love to know about that also! I know they used to do those in the past, but haven't heard of any lately.  

Thanks,
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

doc henderson

the old demo was really training for a new mill.  If you call and talk with Matt he can give you a list of folks in your area.  I doubt there would be a charge.  I am from Ks. so a long distance and would be closer to go to KC.  It is a great co. and a good product.  I also have great respect for woodmizer, but have never operated one.  I am happy with mine.  @Will_Johnson 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

ladylake

If your sawing big logs TK doesn't advertise this much but the newer mills have the blade going 36" above the deck  which is way better than the older ones which only went around 30" above the deck. With 16" above the blade you could put a log with a 52" hump on it through the mill.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

doc henderson

as well the new 2000 has a cut throat opening that is wider, now 35 inches I think instead of 32 inches on mine.  tell Matt Doc told you to call.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Will_Johnson

Thanks for your interest! Matt should be able to help you, but if he's not available you can ask for me. Number is 800-942-4406.

You can also feel free to email me directly at wjohnson@timberking.com. We will need your zip code but we shouldn't have any problem finding an owner relatively close.

Southside

If you do find one close let me know, I wouldn't mind seeing one run, I have never seen a TK in person. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

reswire

Thanks for all the advice.  I'm going to call TK tomorrow, and try to set something up.  There are so many mills out there, and all seem to have an unique advantage over the other.  I doubt I'll go back to milling for hire, but if I decide to, I want a mill that is quick and reliable.  I loved my Woodmizer, but always believe in keeping an open mind...

Thank You Sponsors!