iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Low Blood Supply

Started by estiers, July 19, 2005, 08:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

estiers

I have been hearing for the past couple weeks that the blood supply in my area is at 1/2 of a day supply.  That means that non critical surguries (like liver transplants....) are cancelled.  Lord help us if there is a catastrophic event.  So, if you can stand to, even if you don't live in my area, think about giving blood sometime soon.  Who knows, you may save a life.

http://www.redcross.org/donate/give/
Erin Stiers
State Plant Health Director - Minnesota
United States Department of Agriculture

SwampDonkey

This has no bearing on the need for giving blood, but a few years ago the Red Cross got into a heap of trouble because there was blood in the supply infected with a strain of Hepititus and a few Hemopheliacs got infected. Obviously someone didn't screen the blood donars too well.  ::)

Link to new blood test to replace Red Cross

Tainted Blood Story
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Weekend_Sawyer

I am scheduled to give tonight.
Hope I don't get a trainee again, the last one, I thought, was going to shove the needle out my elbow :o

JOn
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

submarinesailor

Jon,

Good for you.  I need to start giving again.

Bruce/subsailor

dail_h

I have been giving since college,don't know how many gallons. Our church is the site for local blood drives,we usually get about 25 -30 pints. Now I can't give for a year because I went to africa in Feb.
          GIVE IF YOU CAN
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Fraxinus

I wish I knew just how many gallons I have given.  Started in 1967.  Lately I've been giving about 4 times a year but there were a few years when I didn't give and many years only once or twice.
Last gave blood on July 5.
My wife gives platelets about once a month.  In fact, she's going to do that today.  It's about an 80 mile drive one way.   Her blood type is A+.  Mine is O+ and the Red Cross would prefer that I continue as a whole blood donor because of the universality of it.
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Thank You Sponsors!