iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2 things

Started by petefrom bearswamp, April 19, 2018, 06:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Anyone out there like Kimchi?
I have acquired a taste for it after my neighbor introduced me to it about 15 yrs ago.
Nice and spicy and crunchy.
Several Asian markets hereabouts have it.
Next week my pals and I head to my Adirondack camp for 3 days of 4 wheeling, eating and adult beverages accompanied by cards and all around camaraderie. 
I am the old fart of the group the rest in their mid 60s, but I manage to keep up.
We do a lot of bushwhacking over hill and dale and more than a few rocks. Also some water and mud.
I made about 2 gallons of spaghetti sauce and meatballs from last years venison burger.
BBQ chicken the last night around an outside fireplace.
there is still quite a lot of snow there so riding may be a challenge.

been a tradition since the 90s.

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WV Sawmiller

Like Kimchi ? No. Like Bulgogi - yes.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

All that I can say about either dish is;
나는 그 중 어느 하나도 시도한 적이 없다

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clearcut

I make my own kimchi, mmmm. Think of it as Korean sauerkraut, usually spicy though some versions are less so. It's mostly made with Napa cabbage.

Wife is a big fan of Korean food, especially the banchan, small side dishes served with the meal. We have had as many as a dozen different items served. While you always get kimchi, you never know what will be served.

Many Korean restaurants have grills in the tables and you grill your meat and vegetables. It's certainly worth a try.

Sounds like a fun trip with fine food.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Raider Bill

kimchi, I don't know about. Spaghetti, well now that's a bi weekly meal here. Truth be told, I'm a Pastafarian.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ianab

I've tried Kimchi when I had a Korean landlady. Yeah I could get to like that. Not sure how the rest of the family feel, but considering that they can handle the milder ghost chilli sauces, it might be a go. 

Meatballs and sauce, yeah that's a staple here too.

There was a "social media blow up" when a food bank said, "No more tinned tomatoes". LIke, we use a couple of cans a week to make spag-bol or chilli con-carne. But apparently if you are too poor to buy food, you also can't cook this relatively cheap dishes....  
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on April 19, 2018, 10:08:08 PM
All that I can say about either dish is;
나는 그 중 어느 하나도 시도한 적이 없다

Talking like WDH only from another country.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Well at least I know what I said.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pesaventoc

Never tried it none ???
EZ Boardwalk Jr., homemade log arch ,1610D Yanmar

Magicman

Close.  :)

"I have never tried any of them." 

Thank You Sponsors!