iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central boiler titanium

Started by DDW_OR, September 15, 2018, 10:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDW_OR

I have the older Central boiler 750. cleaning the heat exchanger is a PAIN, it is inside the fire box

been looking at the Central boiler titanium, exchanger is behind a rear door and looks like a lot easier

How do you like yours. mostly looking for problems
"let the machines do the work"

Bob Lentz

i had a 750 for one year - made the dealer take it back.  I replaced it with the new series with clean-out in the rear.  So far, the biggest issue is the clogging of the access grate between the chimney and the water jacket area.  Another smaller issue is the insulation on the door that covers the water jacket area sticks to the water jacket/heat exchanger when you open the door it pulls the insulation off the door.  Kind of a mess.

It also seems to coat up the heat exchanger faster than my previous models - (I have had 3).

Other than those issues, it runs well.  I am trying to figure out best way to clean the heat exchanger.   
eClassic-2400
Triangle Tube Backup (Propane)
Heating 6500 sqft house and small pool

boilerman101

Bob, in reviewing your posts it appears you have a constant problem of plugging everything you burn up. E2400, Edge and now EdgeHD. I started burning a E2400 in 2010 and never plugged it up. I  now have 1 season on my Edge 750HD Titanium, never plugged it up. Not much more than fly ash ever in the exchangers with very little build up anywhere.  Read my end of season post I put up today. Roger has a Edge 550HD and seems to be burning without issues as well. Doc B is still burning his E2300 as far as I know, but none of that will help you. It sounds like you need to learn to run a gasser wood furnace. Burn some seasoned wood and learn to control the coal bed depth or something. I doubt central boiler is making furnaces that don't work and are bad designs, but it sounds like you have had 3 of them, maybe they've made a furnace that you can't run based on all your problem posts. It sounds like central has been very fair with you if they've helped you out with 3 furnaces. Again based on your posts I think you would have problems burning any other companies gassers as well. You need some decent seasoned wood, coalbed control and decent maintenance, gassers all require these things from what I read. On another note, I looked at your set up in your picture gallery, how in the world is your insurance company good with you setting that furnace up under your deck with just 2 stacks of chimney on it? My insurance company demanded a 50 foot clearance minimum. I also question how it can possibly draft very well sitting within a few feet of your house and the structure towering over the top of the chimeny, that has to cause some serious downdrafts. Maybe that is  part of your problems and what is causing some of them. I'd try adding chimneys to get up over your roof peak to see if you could get a decent draft going and maybe things will work better.

Logging logginglogging

My 750 Edge burns just as clean /  cleaner than my E2300 did. Just light fly ash and i actually don't need to clean as often. One thing that could be gumming up that stove is not enough heat demand and its just sitting idle too much. I burn good seasoned hardwood with no issues at my place, and the colder the weather the cleaner it burns.

Logging logginglogging

Looking at Bob's boiler placement, I really don't see it causing function problems. Danger issues, possibly. But the boiler should be fine. I have seen similar setups where the house was much taller.

Thank You Sponsors!