iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler, will water come pouring out when ?

Started by LegendsCreekFarm, July 10, 2016, 12:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegendsCreekFarm

I was hoping some of you might know the answer to this. I don't want to waste corrosion inhibitor by making a stupid mistake.

I am installing my main home to my boiler and making final connections today for just the main house. I also have to do my workshop and guesthouse, but I was going to wait a few weeks.

If I hook make the connection to the central boiler today, with just the lines for the main house, will water come pouring out later when I unscrew the supply and return caps for the other 2 sets of lines I need for my workshop and guest house?

Sorry for the stupid question. The corrosion inhibitor is expensive and I don't want water to come pouring out when I open the caps if the boiler is filled at that time.

capt dick

You should have a shut off valve between boiler and all  intended lines.

LegendsCreekFarm

There will be shut off valves on all lines, however, I am not hooking up the lines for the workshop and guest house yet..  I was going to add them on later and would have to open up the boiler again later on.  I don't want water to gush out so I wasn't sure if it was something I would have to worry about or not?

capt dick

Put the shut off valves in now and plug till needed. If you try an do after boiler is filled you will get flood .

LegendsCreekFarm

DDW_OR

I also am going to be hooking up a Classic Edge 750 this year.
I am going to install a LOT of shut off valves, for the send and return lines.
minimum 4 valves for each loop.
"let the machines do the work"

LegendsCreekFarm

The same here!!  Though I am doing a Propex install with expansion rings and the shut-off's are so overpriced its ridiculous, but I am just very happy with Propex so its worth the price!

Ivan49

When you put the heat exchanger in put shutoff valves on each line by the heat exchanger and run a bypass line. Put a union on each line between the valve and heat exchanger. I added a water faucet in one line so I could bleed the air from the heat exchanger and the line to the boiler. If you do this on every one of your addons you can remover them with out draining the line to the boiler

Logging logginglogging

When i plumbed my boiler and my house i used shut off valves on everything so I could service and replace things easily.

Thank You Sponsors!