iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler 1450 inquiries

Started by Jhess1450, December 10, 2018, 09:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhess1450

Hi all!  I am new to this forum but hope to gain some knowledge from you all! I have a central boiler 1450 E Classic.  It's about 5 years old and I have completed the iinstallation using CB guidelines and using thermopex (holy crap that's expensive). I ran 1" oxy barr pex into the reccomended thermocouple mixing valve, from there into a 50 plate heat exhanger.  Then goes to the existing lp furncace which circulates through the house in cast baseboard. I have an Aquastat located on the incoming hot water at the exchanger to turn on the circulator. I am heating at 2500sf farmhouse.  I know it's probably near the top end of its heating capacity. Here is my issue...I can heat it up well and get over 500 degrees and about 180 water temp.  Around this point the blower turns off and doesn't seem to pulse like I'm seeing it's supposed to do.  The fire then goes out and doesn't re light until I push the 'wood auto relight' button that turns the blower on.  It's my understanding that at 500 degrees or so, the secondary air chamber solenoid opens to start the gasification burn.  Could anybody help explain how to turn on or adjust the pulse mode.  Also how do I know if my secondary (lower) solenoid is not working.  I've done a lot work to get this set up.  Thank you in advance for the help and advice! Can't wait to get this working smoothly.

boilerman101

Did you get an owner's manual with your Eclassic? Very extensive and would have all the answers to your questions. If not maybe you could download one on the Central Boiler website under the Owner Resorces tab. You can find some instructional videos there as well. Good stuff.

overclocking

Yea, it's just a button combo listed in the manual, it's pretty easy.  I set mine at 190 water temp and by the time the water exchanges, that's about 170 at the baseboards. I'm heating 4400ft and it will heat it to 80 in 10* outside temps if I wanted it to.

Thank You Sponsors!