iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small Scale Lumber Drying Workshop (Focus on Solar and DH)

Started by VTwood, February 10, 2020, 11:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTwood

What? Small Scale Lumber Drying Workshop
When? May 28-29, 2020
Where? Brooks Forest Products Center, 1650 Research Center Drive, Blacksburg, Virginia.
Why? This course is designed for the small scale woodworking facility or hobby woodworker interested in drying lumber. Specifically, those interested in drying lumber in a solar or dehumidification kiln.  Solar kiln designs will focus on the Virginia Tech Solar Kiln and dehumidification designs will focus on the U.S. Forest Service DH Kiln design. A course outline and how to register can be found here: Small Scale Lumber Drying Workshop | Sustainable Biomaterials | Virginia Tech

Also, you can contact me at bbond@vt.edu or 540-392-2146 for more information.

Brian Bond

Registration should open on March 1st.

VTwood

After much deliberation and exploration, we have set the date for our online solar kiln workshop!

The workshop, which will focus only on the solar kiln, will be held on August 14, 2020 starting at 8:00am. The course will be entirely online and will be a mix of pre-recorded lectures, assignments (yes! assignments, you have to do some work!) and live question and answering sessions. We will be using Canvas, an online learning management platform, for the course. The course will be structured using learning modules, each one containing some questions, a lecture and some reading material. There will be live question and answering sessions during the course. More details are coming about the structure and will be posted on the course information webpage. The course will be limited to 30 registrants.

The course will cost $10 and registration is open.

Here is our link for general information:
Small Scale Lumber Drying Workshop | Sustainable Biomaterials | Virginia Tech

and here is the link to register:
| Virginia Cooperative Extension
urseId=206328

Cheers,

Brian

Old Greenhorn

Could you give some detailed info on how to register. You gave a link that brings up a search page and a user id but I don't understand how to navigate the system to sign up. What am I missing?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

OK, with Doc's help I was able to sign up and pay. Thanks Brian! 
 Is there any pre-reading we can do for this class? The thought of 'assignments' has me a little edgy, as it has been a while for me so anything I could do to prepare for this would be helpful. Thanks for putting this on.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

bwstout

home built mill

Thank You Sponsors!