iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1st log on New(old) Peterson

Started by Dank11, May 10, 2020, 01:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dank11

Good Afternoon .
Just finished setting up to start sawing my 1st log . 8)

Dan K.

VooDooChikin04

dgdrls

thecfarm

Sawing is fun!!
What's the plan for the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WIwoodworker

Congrats on the new (old) mill. Is it an 8" or 10" ? 
Peterson 9" WPF

terrifictimbersllc

Actually sawing is when the fun really starts.   :o :o
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Dank11

Good Afternoon .
8" mill 

Spent the day trying to get all adjustments set.
Cut an 8" beam ( ended up 8x7.5 ) 
might need a little more tweaking !

Dan K.

Nebraska

Looks  like a good start anyway.

terrifictimbersllc

I can understand.  Of all the 4 adjustments 1) horizontal lean-in, 2) horizontal criss-cross, 3) vertical intersect, and 4) vertical criss-cross, the last one was the most difficult to get right in a testing mode.  In the end on my former swing mill, the best approach to 4) was to have the blade exit the cut without a ZINGing sound, and, as a test,  to have it be able to go right back in to that vertical kerf easily without re-cutting. Then things were sweet.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WIwoodworker

The mill looks great and so does the beam. You'll figure out the adjustments.Congrats!
Peterson 9" WPF

Thank You Sponsors!