Sponsors:

Echo 7310

Started by Hossco, October 15, 2020, 08:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossco

Anybody get to run the Echo 7310?

Bruno of NH

I will buy one if they make one for the US market
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

lxskllr

Looks like it comes with a Sugihara bar. I just downloaded their catalog. There's a lot of cool stuff that isn't on the US site. What's up with that?

sawguy21

There is a lot of cool really stuff that we will never see because of emission regulations, safety standards or the market is deemed to be not suitable.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pompilius

It was not advertised, so I was very pleasantly surprised when my cs501sx also came with a sugi hara bar. Not US market though.

sawguy21

Welcome! Can you fill in your profile as to where you are and what you are cutting? From your name I am guessing Italy
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bruno of NH

I just talked with Echo USA 10 minutes ago.
We will see the 7310 by the end of this year.
It with come with an Echo branded Surgiari bar with replaceable tip.
Captive bar nuts
Flip caps for gas and bar oil
Magnesium pull start assembly 
Automotive air cleaner element
I'm calling my dealer to get on the list for one.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

gmmills

Well guys, there are demo units here in the US. Last week I was actually lucky enough to be able to run a tank of gas through one. I really was impressed. Has great ergonomics. With a 20" Sugihara bar it was perfectly balanced.  This saw has a conventional carb and non cat muffler.  The air intake also has a clean air system that mirrors Husqvarna's Air Injection System. I asked about price point. Not cast in stone as of yet. If you are looking for a new 73cc saw, with no electronics, it will be worth the wait.  
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

ehp

I was to go get one of these to test and run but just to busy and I'm logging about an hour from where this saw was waiting . From what I have heard they seem ok on power, maybe abit heavy but not much more than the husky 572 . Its about time echo got into the big boy league over here 

Bruno of NH

The weight I belive comes from more magnesium parts .
Plastic on the Husky
The two Echos I have have super fit and finish on the parts.
I'm going to get the 7310 .
I just got 2 new saws what's one more.

OldTimbercutter

Was wondering if anyone has been running the echo 7310 , and how do you like it.  I just bought a stihl 500i and love it but am curious to try out the 7310. 
deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
pretty wife who likes to cook
prentice loaders
A few huskys and a dolmar
Life is good

Bruno of NH

I want one
The folks I know that have them like them.
Well built good running saw.

Woodfarmer

Old timber, the 500i weighs 13.9 lbs and the 7310 14.9, so why would you?

Tacotodd

It's probably because of coin differences and availability.
Trying harder everyday.

Real1shepherd

For just a lb difference pick the Squeal? I think not....more about the saw's mettle.

Kevin

OldTimbercutter

I just like to try something different ,and it is an interesting saw . And would be simple without the computer controls.
A lb heavier is fine . I used to run a 2101 husky back in the day.  But I'm not that stout anymore, but hope I don't see the day anytime soon when 15 lbs is to heavy.
They say the 7310 is really smooth ,starts easy and  has  good air filtration . Have heard they are a little down on power compared to the other 70 cc saws. Was hoping to hear a long term review from someone who had been running one awhile .
deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
prentice loaders
Life is good

Real1shepherd

I hadn't heard that at all....quite the opposite as far as power goes.

I was gonna buy one myself and COVID took that from me.....the opportunity.

Mag starter assembly instead of plastic....that accounts for most of the weight difference and I'll take it. And yeah, it's purported to be really smooth.

I use larger saws for felling & bucking and then drop down to a 56cc saw for fencing work. I'm pretty sure I can work a 70cc saw in there with a 28" bar. Nice to have something new that has support and everything isn't NLA.....lol.

Kevin

OldTimbercutter

I like the magnesium cover and the old school build . Think I will get one and see how I like it. I bought two of the stihl 500i. One is still in the box. Run across them and thought I better get them while I could. So far this 500i is great, have ran about 7 tanks of gas and it seems to be getting stronger. Only thing I possibly don't like is the spring suspension is soft and the saw feels a little limber.
If I get the 7310 I will give a review on it.

deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
prentice loaders
Life is good

rburg

I can understand wanting to try different saws. That is why I ended up with 10 saws and I just use them to clean up ocassional storm damage. Look forward to your review.

OldTimbercutter

I got an echo cs7310 and just now tried it out.  Have been looking at it by my wood stove for several days. Fit and finish is excellent.  Built like a tank, very precision,  and sturdy.
I have been cutting timber with my 500i and love it. Wanted to try the echo and use it for a landing saw.
Upon running it today I'm initially disappointed.  Reviews said it was smoother than anything  out there. But to me it vibrates a good bit. The stihl is alot smoother.  It was running super rich, and would not open up at all. Cut a 30 inch white oak and it was super slow.
Just now turned the high speed in as far as limiters allowed and that made a difference and getting ready to cut some more . It feels good in the hands but I like the stihl grip better, its slimmer. Just a personal preference, I have smaller hands
That's my initial impression.  Hope it wakes up. 
deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
prentice loaders
Life is good

lxskllr

What's in the muffler? If it has a cat, or is overly restricted, an easy muffler mod may wake it up. It also may need a little time to get broken in, and see what you're really dealing with. You probably aren't working with the final product at this point.

Tacotodd

Get some eyeglasses repair screwdrivers and 1 of them will go in without defeating the tuning limiters. I know!
Trying harder everyday.

OldTimbercutter

I have read no cat, just a regular muffler. 
Thanks for the tip on the screwdriver.  Finally found  something that would work and turned the high speed in all the way which wasn't enough . It quit four stroking so bad and turned more rpms. 
It does alot better. But its strange the saw runs rough and wont turn over 10 grand until it runs at least a minute or longer . Then it will open up. Never had anything so cold natured. 
But it starts easy. 3 pulls cold one pull hot. 
I'm surprised at the vibration it has. After reading so many reviews it was the smoothest saw out there. It's not terribly bad. But no where near as smooth as this 500i .  Going to run it today a good bit. Hopefully it will grow in me. And wake up some .
deere 440b
clark f66
loyal dog
stihls 440,460, 066
prentice loaders
Life is good

Woodfarmer

Quote from: OldTimbercutter on November 18, 2021, 08:14:59 PM
I just like to try something different ,and it is an interesting saw . And would be simple without the computer controls.
A lb heavier is fine . I used to run a 2101 husky back in the day.  But I'm not that stout anymore, but hope I don't see the day anytime soon when 15 lbs is to heavy.
They say the 7310 is really smooth ,starts easy and  has  good air filtration . Have heard they are a little down on power compared to the other 70 cc saws. Was hoping to hear a long term review from someone who had been running one awhile .
I've already hit that stage. Sold the 066 and 046. 

Thank You Sponsors!