iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

soybeans

Started by mike_belben, December 18, 2020, 11:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

i never thought id be eating straight soy beans.. honestly.  i was raised on pizza and mcdonalds.

so i hauled a load of OSB from NC to missouri early in the year and came back with a load of steel from next to the nucor plant in armorel arkansas.  well i wanted to see the mississippi in daylight and slept in a dirt lot next to one of the endless, far as you can see crop fields.  looks like the everglades in the mississippi delta. anyway  it was just a spot i could fit and spin around.  it had a dump truck worth of spillage on the ground where the picker transferred to the transporter.  so i grabbed a cardboard box full not even knowing what it was.  there was deer tracks all over it so i figure jackpot, free corn substitute!   i plopped it out in the woods and the deer weren't having it.  then it sprouted in the box with no soil at all and i recognized it was bean sprouts.  hmm..  so i planted a handful in the garden just to see.  well.. it grew really good actually.  

so i start harvesting pods one ziplock at a time and putting them in the freezer.  the heck am i gonna do with soybeans? idk.   yesterday kids are whining for food, i google soybeans and whip up the first recipe that strikes me.  epic win.  

boil soybeans.  drain well.  heat pan good n hot.  splash in sesame seed oil and roll your beans around in that.  dump in some soy sauce and salt.  scald those suckers just a bit for a minute or two.  now just pop one at a time, suck the salt flavor off and chew until you get all the pods.  spit pod out.  alternate between corn bread with maple syrup and pea pods.  huge contrast in the sweet vs salty, cold vs hot.  really really good.  we killed that plate in no time. made 3 batches.  addictive flavor, like licking cool ranch doritos or not being able to stop eating good jerky until its gone.  

Praise The Lord

midwesttrees

It's really good for health. I also eat
Contact Us Today For All Midwest Tree Removal Service Needs In St Paul, MN. FREE Quote Call 651-401-8182

Southside

Congratulations Mike, you grew and made your first dish of "Edamame". The stuff sells for a premium in the health food market if you have the desire to do so.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Walnut Beast

I wondered when somebody would pop that name 😂

mike_belben

I know.. Just think its a dumb name for soybeans.  Like fancy names for whipped up coffee. 
Praise The Lord

Southside

Yea - but in the "pay too much" world they would never buy "soybeans"
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

21incher

We love them also. I plant the Black Panther Edamame  every year and they have a real nutty flavor when fresh. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

barbender

"Beans by Belben"😁
Too many irons in the fire

curved-wood

Mike, if you are getting addicted to soya edamame check the price of the seeds : $4.29 can for 50 seeds !!!A lot of money in your snack. My wife wanted some in the garden, I  got surprised at the price. 

SwampDonkey

First time I bit into one of them was dried in with mixed nuts from Walmart. Cost me $250 for a repaired broke molar. :D :D Never seen that mix ever again, they probably got sued. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: curved-wood on December 19, 2020, 02:10:15 AM
Mike, if you are getting addicted to soya edamame check the price of the seeds : $4.29 can for 50 seeds !!!A lot of money in your snack. My wife wanted some in the garden, I  got surprised at the price.
Ever buy corn seed in the last few years? That is high to. A palm full they want $5. What next?

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_belben

A fool and his money... 

Keep a few buckets or bags in your truck.  Anywhere DOT prowls with the portables there is bound to be some dumpout material on some shoulder now and then. Ive gotten gravel, corn and chicken feed this way. 
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

On the Royalton Road? :D :D Seen the Mennonites skid treelength logs on 2 miles of asphalt out here. DOT scales, what's them. ??? ???

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!