iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I don't think I said it yet. One of my friends came over the other night. He said everything is nice and green. We should be burning up about now.
Yes, we should be.
 I have not watered the garden for a while.
Much warmer at 60° but won't even  get to 75°. Another cool day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Thunder a goin BA-BOOM!!! Sky opened up like a water valve was turned. 
A1

chevytaHOE5674

We had 2 thunderstorms roll thru in the last 3 or 4 days, got a whopping .15" total out of all of it. Not even enough to wet the dust.

chet

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on July 30, 2021, 10:51:47 AM
We had 2 thunderstorms roll thru in the last 3 or 4 days, got a whopping .15" total out of all of it. Not even enough to wet the dust.
We are not all dat far from ya as da crow flies. This month we are probably at 4" or more according to da wife's rain gauge.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

SwampDonkey

We've had 1/4" rain today from showers, more coming they said. Some hot here, 60 F for the high. ;D

First weekend I don't plan on watering gardens only because we don't have the heat to suck it up. :)

I heard on the radio today "the hay farmers must be happy this summer, been wet". ??? Where? Never been wet here except grass wet. At no time would I ever get stuck in mud. The yard here is practically a side hill and I've never lost traction with the lawn tractor.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I think the trouble up at Chevy's is like here, the rain systems are small and the punch goes out of them in 100 miles, not great big 300 mile wide storms, some get a soaker and others are missed by miles or just sprinkles.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 30, 2021, 05:51:14 PM
I think the trouble up at Chevy's is like here, the rain systems are small and the punch goes out of them in 100 miles, not great big 300 mile wide storms, some get a soaker and others are missed by miles or just sprinkles.
Nothing to complain of here. Got dumped on earlier this morning, no kidding It was raining so hard you couldn't even peep your head out the door without getting soaked. Someone's house got struck not too far away as well. Partly sunny and breezy here now, possible showers tonight and clearing up tomorrow for a nice day
A1

SwampDonkey

Another sprinkle shower passing as we read. Don't amount to beans. ;D

thecfarm

Another cool morning at 54°.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Beauty day for work outdoors. Sunny, breeze, 68 all day
A1

HemlockKing

This feel like one of those days you get in late august where it's all the sudden really cool and you can feel fall in the air.... except it's July 31! Anyone else near maritimes feelin that way today? I'll take it though, it's nice and not overwhelmingly hot. 
A1

SwampDonkey

I was out this morning cutting firewood. It just hit 60F at noon. Nice breeze, no bugs. :)

HemlockKing

Same SD, not cutting but splitting. As fast as I can go while the weather is good!
A1

SwampDonkey

I also split each bunch that I plan on cutting for the day. Cut until 11:00 am then split it up by noon, sort of deal. I cut easy splitting wood mostly, but might be a spruce or tamarack once in a while. So all I need is the Collins and one whack or two on the easy stuff. ;D Red maple, ash, aspen and fir are a dream to split and lots hot for winter. I've had my winter's wood for this winter all stacked away for months. This is for the next year. :)

thecfarm

Just getting around to looking at the temp. 50° will do it. Another cool one.

SwampDonkey

60's F today and had a 1/4" rain this morning. Clearing tonight. :)

thecfarm

I woke up to rain. I have no idea when it started in the night. Stopped around 8am

SwampDonkey

76F this afternoon on the porch, breezy out of the west.

SwampDonkey

75F and muggie today, might get to 80 by 4:00 pm.

chevytaHOE5674

Still no meaningful rain around here. 30 miles south got .75" the other day we got enough to get 50% of the pavement wet. 

Rain is forecast on and off for the next 5 days, so hopefully we get something out of all of it. 

HemlockKing

Muggie is right! Strong southern wind and warm! Not sun though
A1

SwampDonkey

Some rain arrived this afternoon.

thecfarm

A chilly wet day at 65°

SwampDonkey

62F and fog this morning, had 2/10" rain over night. Suppose to be in the 80's and muggy today.

First order of the day was ordering a new pair of leather shoes with good soles, Samuel Hubbard brand. No more junk sneakers for puttering around. Can't buy anything local worth bringing home. ::)

farmfromkansas

We had a nice rain last night.  Checked the gauge and it reads 1.4". Neighbor a mile away said he had 1.9".  The beans will get by a couple weeks on that.  Some were already reflecting the heat, and they don't last long after they start doing that. The early beans may be good thanks to this rain.  Good for the cow pastures, alfalfa, just everything.  Forecast says 99 today, 105 tomorrow. 100's through Thursday, drop to 90's on Friday. August is a tough month to get a lot done outside.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Thank You Sponsors!