iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How do I end the cable?

Started by Satamax, March 29, 2021, 12:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Yep, even more in France where haggling is national sport.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

mike_belben

It is in america too.  Its kinda odd but i never lowball people, often pay extra -seriously- and seem to get some excellent deals.  I do better being generous than stingy. If the asking price doesnt match my appraisal i just dont call.  If it does ill  call and say i will give you the whole amount if its what you say it is.  Sellers will wait a week on me or take ads down before im even there.  It really is incredible how influential just saying im content with the price can be.  

Both the houses ive bought have been dual agent.. Meaning i agree to buy without a realtor and let the sellers agent collect both halfs of the 6% fee.  You wanna see how fast a realtor will dump their client, put off other bidders and push the seller to immediately accept your offer and double their take on the sale?   Try it.  Massive influence. 
Praise The Lord

donbj

I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Satamax

I am stingy.  ;D And i haggle like mad. But there is an illness in France, called "lingotite"  (lingot is a gold bar)

Which attacks certain type of people, thinking that the old rustbucket they have is worth gold bars.

If the price is good for me, i don't haggle. Like for my sawmill.

1500€ the sawmill,
1000 for the blades.

At 10 o clock, she had the money on her account!

I do also swaps. If all goes well, i'll talk about that soon.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

mike_belben

we have many of them on the sellers side.  "barnfind" is usually in the keyword of their ad.  
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Quote from: mike_belben on March 31, 2021, 06:34:20 AM
we have many of them on the sellers side.  "barnfind" is usually in the keyword of their ad.  
Yeah, and for house sellers, charming, cosy, kitchenette, etc, usually are words used by estate agents trying to get rid of a turd. 

mike_belben

lol  

"some timber with nature trails.  hunters retreat"  

aka highgraded. 
Praise The Lord

Satamax

In French, "coquet" = pimped or tarted up! :D

I don't know how to translate coquet.

Found it, stylish.

Al_Smith

There is a number of ways of eye splicing wire rope ,they all work .It might be of note to use a swivel on the bitter end else it will ruin the rope after a period of use .You can Google the process perhaps shown on You Tube much better than I can attempt to explain it .Also of note attention should be given on how the "lay " of the rope over the winch drum is  done .

Satamax

Thanks a lot Al.

Well, i know i like this video. From six minutes onwards.

Wire Splicing - YouTube

There is a better one in russian.  But couldn't find it.

Mind you, i cannot do that. To splice, you need an equal number of strands. The cable i've used is 9 strands. 

I thyink it'll end up with cable clamps.

bitternut

Why not just attach hook to the end with one of these things from Labonville.

Ferrule & Wedge-*

Satamax

Could do too, but with 9 braid cable, i think i need to pour the "wedge"

Al_Smith

Another method I normally use----Really Quick Wire Rope Eye-splice. : 3 Steps - Instructables .This is often used on big choker cables finished off using a crimped sleeve .You can do the finish several other  ways . One is using a "Crosby " type cable clamp or just by serving the fold back ends using wire .I've used all three methods and so far never had one unravel .Saying that I've also back spliced the eye which is far more  difficult to do .Not nearly as easy as something like 3 strand nylon or Manilla line .--Note I use U S  Navy terms where rope is steel cable and line is what most people call rope .--old habits die hard---- ;)

Tacotodd

Al, don't worry. I do the same thing as your talking about. I had it drilled into me by dad YEARS ago. Yes, drilled. A Marine until he died. Every time I called it cable dad would get more and more "stern" with his correction of me. I changed for good because I didn't like the thought of a boot placed where I sit! 😱
Trying harder everyday.

Satamax

Quote from: Al_Smith on March 31, 2021, 11:41:12 AM
Another method I normally use----Really Quick Wire Rope Eye-splice. : 3 Steps - Instructables .This is often used on big choker cables finished off using a crimped sleeve .You can do the finish several other  ways . One is using a "Crosby " type cable clamp or just by serving the fold back ends using wire .I've used all three methods and so far never had one unravel .Saying that I've also back spliced the eye which is far more  difficult to do .Not nearly as easy as something like 3 strand nylon or Manilla line .--Note I use U S  Navy terms where rope is steel cable and line is what most people call rope .--old habits die hard---- ;)
Al, this is what we call forester or Portuguese eye. Nearly impossible with 9 braid i think. 

Al_Smith

Well now think about this .No matter because once you get it all folded back over itself  if it's 9 strand all wound up it is still 9 strand in the eye .It's called a flemish eye .

Thank You Sponsors!