iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

taco pump

Started by xlogger, July 11, 2021, 06:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

On my CB I use it about year round, mainly for my wood kiln. I cut it on this morning and the pump didn't seen to be working. First thing I though about was maybe air locked. I've had that happen several times. But this time it don't seen to be the problem. I can feel the pump working but no water flow. Can the pump itself not pump while running? Maybe just worn out.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

barbender

The impeller could just be shot.
Too many irons in the fire

mike_belben

Or have fallen off the shaft.  Pull the cartridge apart.
Praise The Lord

trapper

I have had several taco impellers 
disintegrate
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

xlogger

I went ahead and order a new one, this time I got a stronger one. Went from 007 to 011. I was close to the pickup with the 007, maybe too much for the pump. I'll take the one off and check it out. If I can fix it I'll have a spare.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

thecfarm

My dealer had a variable speed pump. Would go from 007 to a 011??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

K-Guy

Many of these pumps will not self prime. It may just have air in it.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

xlogger

Quote from: K-Guy on July 12, 2021, 11:15:25 AM
Many of these pumps will not self prime. It may just have air in it.
I have prime it several times over the years, but not this time.

Thank You Sponsors!