iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere 548d skidder winch id help

Started by NW Logger, February 16, 2022, 09:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NW Logger

Hello all. I'm new to the forum but find myself reading thru the useful info a lot.  I was hoping someone could help me id what winch is on my new to me 1991 John Deere 548d grapple skidder?  The driveline shaft that goes to the winch is broken and I'd like to replace it but can't figure what winch it is.  I can't seem to find any identification for it?  

leeroyjd

NW Logger

On the left side outside of the drum D T64608? Not sure if that's the serial number or not.  I'm trying to figure out how to post pics. 

leeroyjd

Have you checked JD parts?
Looks like there was only one winch.

leeroyjd

...but two different drive lines. Maybe that's what I misunderstood.
Hopefully someone else will be along.

beenthere

Try this link to the JD parts.
548d winch

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Primer on posting pics on the Index page, scroll near the bottom of the listings
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

BargeMonkey

I'm 151% certain you have a JD model #3325 winch. I have the winch book if you ever start to get your fingers into it. They are a good winch BUT they can drive you nuts. 
Harold's is where I get my parts, Randy is on the ball. 207-942-8331 Did my winch shaft thru him a few yrs ago. 

NW Logger

BargeMonkey

Yup. 3325. Call Randy. He will send you new joints, he got bands, whatever you need. Call JD and price a band 😆 let us know how that goes. 

NW Logger

Thank you for the replies.  I sure appreciate it!

Gary Davis

some times a auto parts store can match the u joints I was able to do that with my skidder and a machine shop can repair it

Thank You Sponsors!