The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Starting To Build A New Router Sled  (Read 4241 times)

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Starting To Build A New Router Sled
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2022, 05:56:52 PM »
Thanks guys. I will tell you I struggled with this. This covid brain fog is so frustrating to deal with.  I made many  mistakes that had to be fixed and learned to just walk away when the frustration  starts. It feels  really  good to have made it this far and know  things can only get better from here on out. Loosing  the ability  to think logically  and do simple things like math in your  head really stinks. 

Wow! So clean! Amazing dust collection job, not to mention all your tools completely sellable! Man, good work!

I am amazed how well the dust collection worked. With  my old sled I would get sick feeling  from all the walnut dust. Not so with  this one. This is supposed  to just be a learning step for the next one I had planned.  I want to make one that is adjustable to be able to run on mill rails from 20 to 36 inches wide with simple belt anchors that clamp to the rails. If things get better  I will but for now I will be happy to just have this.  It's  amazing what can be made with a couple parts from Amazon. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, and a logrite cant hook.

Offline Larry

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2022, 09:19:23 PM »
Great video and a high quality build.  I'm going to refer back to it when I start building one.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2022, 07:33:17 AM »
Great video and a high quality build.  I'm going to refer back to it when I start building one.
Start a thread when you build yours. Having controlled feed really  gives a beautiful finish.  Now to try that cutter with epoxy fills.   
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, and a logrite cant hook.

Offline aigheadish

• Senior Member x2
  • Tiiiiimmbeeerrr!
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2022, 10:01:57 AM »
Do you think that dust collector could be fitted to a manual sled? I'll have to look more closely at it to see why that wouldn't work... 

And, does it bother you to not see the router bit as it cuts?
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2022, 02:31:08 PM »
Do you think that dust collector could be fitted to a manual sled? I'll have to look more closely at it to see why that wouldn't work...

And, does it bother you to not see the router bit as it cuts?
You can do it but a router moves a lot of air downward making it hard to collect the real fine stuff. I would  rather not see dust in the air then see the bit.  

Offline 21incher

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2022, 08:52:39 PM »
Well finally made a space in the shop and finished it up. Cheated and bought a clearance butcher block top and cheap metal legs for it. The final video.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Router sled

Started by xlogger on General Woodworking

4 Replies
Last post September 12, 2016, 04:20:58 PM
by OffGrid973
xx
Router Sled

Started by Bill Gaiche on General Woodworking

12 Replies
Last post February 04, 2017, 07:45:37 PM
by OffGrid973