iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please welcome this pair of Important Sponsors!

Started by Jeff, February 09, 2024, 10:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Ya'll have seen me welcome sponsors before, but not in a long long time and not like this.  You see, these sponsors are a bit special. They saved the life of this Forestry Forum. They came forward to help without any expectations. They have made sure that we have had what we needed to get to this new forum, and I want them to be recognized for that. I was lost when I found out what the server host was going to charge, and then, I was lost when things started to go really wrong and God sent help. I do believe that.

As I said, they came forward expecting nothing in return, but that can't be. I want everyone to know that we are here at this point, because of this unconditional help.

SO!  No introduction is really needed for our Forestry Forum Upgrade Sponsor! Thank you to our longtime member @okmulch and Custom Wood Fibers  for making it possible to get this server change and total upgrade and update of our platform!
  Thank You Aaron and Jen and Custom Wood Fibers!

And now @lurk (Mick) what can I say?  For those of you that took a catbird seat and watched this happen, you know he was on here at all hours for DAYS, and still is here helping us, and will be. I asked him if he would accept this sponsorship and the title of Forestry Forum Technical Support Sponsor, and to my sheer joy, accepted. Some of you know I have been struggling with the technical stuff the last couple years, and I presume that isn't going to get better, so having Mick to call on when we are in trouble is nothing less than a godsend. Mick brings a rolodex of technical help that he can lean on if he ever needed to, and that includes another guy that should be a hero to all of us. @tino

When this was going down, Mick had hit an impasse, and gave a call to Tino. Tino came in and got things right. Later on, Mick revealed to me that if Tino had not been able to work it out, we would have been screwed.

So, please a big thankyou to Tino, and to Mick, who is now our "Forestry Forum Technical Support Sponsor"  This is a link to his fledgling forum that you will find in the sponsor news area, and where ever you see the list of sponsors.

Once again, thanks to these fine folks for making this happen, and for standing next to us when we really needed them. Check out Lurk's website, and let us help him build there because he help us stand here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Hail and well met! Hear, hear, indeed! Thank you so much to these fine folks who have helped sustain something so very important to many of us from around the world! May your generosity come back to you ten fold!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

Thank you all!  We are planning to make a trip to Omaha Nebraska to see the cedar beam at the Orangutang exhibit someday.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

beenthere

Good to see the new support and appreciate their help in the Forum update happening so well. 

I just took the time to look at the scrolling sponsors along the bottom and with each one as it scrolled by, I tried to relate to the products they were selling. Came across Smith. Didn't realize the various products that Smith handled. 

Welcome to the new support members. We all could give our sponsors a heads-up from time to time where their products fit with questions and posts to show our appreciation. 

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Quote from: beenthere on February 09, 2024, 11:23:19 AMGood to see the new support and appreciate their help in the Forum update happening so well.

I just took the time to look at the scrolling sponsors along the bottom and with each one as it scrolled by, I tried to relate to the products they were selling. Came across Smith. Didn't realize the various products that Smith handled.

Welcome to the new support members. We all could give our sponsors a heads-up from time to time where their products fit with questions and posts to show our appreciation.

We should. When corresponding I hope when given the opportunity, our members tell them how much they are appreciated for the sponsorship here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Thank You Guys for your Financial Support, Time and Expertise during this server upgrade.  You are now Officially Forestry Forum Heroes !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GAB

@Jeff:
The statement Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way I took to heart.
I know so little about what you were dealing with that it was best that I stay way behind and out of the way.
Thanks to all who were involved with the success and I agree with OG.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

SawyerTed

Many thanks to these new sponsors for keeping this the best forestry related resource online!  PERIOD!

Tremendous gratitude for coming to the aid of our friend and leader @Jeff!  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

barbender

Okmulch, lurk, and tino- thank you all so very, very much! I knew this was something that was completely out of my, and most of the other admins wheelhouse. I knew Jeff was dreading this process and he has stated that his technical abilities just aren't what they once were. You guys made this all happen, and it wouldn't gave happened without you!

I think the Forum being down for the time that it was, was a good example for all of us of how much of an asset the Forestry Forum is. I think folks were freaking out and having withdrawals, honestly. I handled it with grace and serenity, but I don't want to admit how many times I opened the Forum every day to see if things were working yet :wink_2:

Sincerely, thank all if you for everything that was put into this!
Too many irons in the fire

Resonator

X2 what's been said, thank you to the I.T. guys that keep all the wheels turning behind the scenes. We live in world where technology is changing so fast, it'd be tough for anyone to keep up. And THANK YOU SPONSORS for keeping this Forum going!  :thumbsup:
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

firefighter ontheside

Mick, Tino, OKmulch, many thanks from me to you all.  I appreciate your input in keepking the forum going and improving my ability to keep using it.  You don't go un-noticed.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

21incher

Welcome to the forum and thanks for all everyone has done. The TGM forum will probably interest many. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

rusticretreater

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

ron barnes

Thanks to everyone who assisted with the monumental server challenge.  I am very happy to be able to read the FF with my coffee.  Thank you all.

Machinebuilder

I'll add my thanks to all that helped. both doing the work and financially
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

trapper

that tgm forum may be cutting into my forestry forum and facebook time
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Southside

Top notch!!!  Thank you all for an amazing effort!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

upnut

Thanks so much to everyone involved in the big upgrade! I could easily list a half dozen items added to my wood cutting gear attributable to the sponsors and members of this site. Not to mention the wisdom and experience freely offered by everyone who posts here. Again, thanks for all your hard work!

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

SwampDonkey

Thanks to all the tech support gurus @lurk @tino and financial supporters @okmulch  and others contributing toward this great place. You're all awesome.  ffwave
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lurk

Quote from: 21incher on February 09, 2024, 02:13:12 PMThe TGM forum will probably interest many.

Thanks.  You would think so, but I'm sure I saw some tumbleweed roll across the screen while I was on there. Unfortunately a quiet forum doesn't encourage people to join, and if they don't join it stays quiet.  The old Chicken and Egg situation. ;)

I do feel honoured that Jeff decided to help by promoting here on TFF, for that I am truly thankful.

And thanks everyone for the kind words, my job here was just organising the furniture,  smiley_beertoast 
My FF Gallery
TGMForum The Garden Machinery Forum

customsawyer

I tip my hat to all involved. Many thanks.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

caveman

As the most addled of probably all of the FF members when it comes to anything involving a computer, I am incredibly thankful for those of you who stepped up financially and with your time and skills to get our favorite site back up and running.  The assembly of knowledge and history here is unparalleled and it is important to keep it organized and available.  

Great friendships and opportunities have also been made by many, and for many here because of the FF.  Thank you to all for perpetuating the existence of the Forestry Forum. 
Caveman

711ac

I'd give @caveman a run for being the most tech "addled" member but absolutely agree with all of the sentiments above  ffcool
I'd say a virtual parade would be in order for @lurk, @tino and @okmulch!!
Thanks to all of those that got this worked out. 

thecfarm

Yes many many thanks to get the FF forum back up and ready for another 50 years.  :thumbsup:   
I can enjoy my breakfast will all my FF friends.  ffcool
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!