iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Meadows Miller Passes

Started by Magicman, February 24, 2024, 08:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Meadows Miller (Chris McMahon) was quite a colorful and fun guy and also knowledgeable regarding circle and swing sawmills.

I got word on January 5 from FF member redbeard (Jeff) that Chris was traveling to help set up an old Mighty Mite circle sawmill near Paradise, CA, and would visit him for a few days.  Jeff  saw that Chris' health was quickly deteriorating and his family was notified in Australia.  An emergency medical flight was scheduled through the Australian Embassy which carried Chris back home and to his parents.  He went directly to ICU and remained there until his passing Thursday night.

DSCN0453
Chris visited us in 2011 and is fixing a burger with our late member wwsjr (Willie Steel) in the background.
DSCN0483
He is seen here the next day demonstrating a Lucas Sawmill at a Chickin' Crispin' at the Cabin.
IMG_2983.JPG
My last personal contact with Chris was at Jeff's Pig Roast in 2017.  oz_smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

Wow that is sad.  I am glad he made home to his family for some time.  I am sorry for the loss to his family and friends.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Yes, I had forgotten about Chris, although he kinda disappeared. I think some woman captured him about then. But yeah, sad news. He was a jolly type of fella when he was around the forum. I never got to meet him.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Way to young. 42 I think.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DHansen

barbender

I'm sorry to hear this. I never got to meet Chris, but you could tell he was an exuberant guy. I remember Jeff saying something like, "I've never been concerned about someone wearing out our emojis, but Meadows Miller has me worried" or something to that effect, because Chris' posts were often more emoji than text smiley_smug01 42 is way, way too young. Godspeed, Meadows Miller.
Too many irons in the fire

Jeff

I had forgot about that! ffsmiley
We remember when Chris came clear to Michigan for a Forestry Forum pigroast. Chris's exuberance mustu worn his heart plum out early.

chet

Chris was a walking talking firecracker.  Godspeed my friend
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Magicman

He used so many emojis that Jeff had to create one for his very own... oz_smiley 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

thecfarm

Sad to hear. I wondered about his age.  smiley_thumbsdown   oz_smiley oz_smiley oz_smiley  
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Cedarman

Yes, I remember the 2017 pigroast.  He was a great character.  Larger than life.  I had to strain to understand him.  He did have an accent.  Would never have met Chris without the pigroast (and many others).
Prayers to his family.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Chuck White

I used to enjoy his posts and his responses to other posts!

So sorry to hear of his sudden passing!

Condolences to his family!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bruno of NH

I just found about this on FB
Chris and I would often talk on FB messenger as he lived in northern NH .
Last I had spoken to him was in the fall and he was moving to Maine to start over again. 
Very sad 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ron Wenrich

Chris stopped by the mill I was sawing at, and spent the good part of the day in the booth with me.  He stayed during our lunch time and continued to talk just about the whole time.  After he left, one of the guys asked if I understood anything he said.  I told him "not much".

Yes, 42 is a young life, but Chris put more into those 42 years than some people twice that age.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

beenthere

Chris was an interesting young man. Summer of 2011, seemed to be ready to settle down, or at least a young lady he referred to as Ms Meadows Miller, thought that to be the case. She wasn't too happy when the promises didn't pan out for her.

Photo of her and Chris.

INVALID LINK
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

I have several pictures of Chris and "Ms Meadow Miller" that I chose not to post.  He did marry Skye but that did not work out and led to a fairly recent divorce.

beenthere

Understand MM, and Skye wasn't Ms Meadow Miller, who was Jesi.  :wink_2:
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Jesi was Ms Meadow Miller but never became his Ms.  She actually bought a house for them to live in close to Mobile, AL.  PatD and I went to that house.

Skye was Chris' (divorced) wife.

Magicman

This is just in from Chris' Mother Patricia:

Today, our hearts are heavy as we come together to let everyone know that our beautiful Christopher sadly passed away on Friday surrounded by family. We would like to thank and honour all the medical staff at Bendigo Health and Alfred Hospital for their care and support.
It is with great pride and privilege that we remember and honor the beautiful life of our beloved son, brother, dad and uncle Christopher. Though he may no longer be with us in person, his spirit continues to live on in our memories and the love we shared.
Christopher brought so much joy and light into our lives, and his absence is deeply felt. We find comfort in seeing all your heartfelt messages and thank you for remembering the beautiful person he is. Rest in peace, dear Christopher, you will forever be in our hearts.
We are planning a celebration of his life, details will be shared with you soon.

beenthere

May he rest in peace, and prayers be with his family. He was a special person, for sure, and gone way too soon. 
south central Wisconsin

SwampDonkey

Thanks for sharing with us his family's message. May Chris rest in peace and his family and friends remember the good times.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

He was an active person and is remembered with prayers sent.
~Ron

redbeard

Very Saddened too hear of Chris's passing, our prayers are with Chris's loving family. He was blessed too have such a loving and caring family.
One of Chris's sayings was he was most happy running his sawmill under a gum tree by a river and living in a cabin.

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Magicman

Thank You Jeff for keeping me updated regarding Chris' whereabouts and medical condition.

Thank You Sponsors!