Sponsors:

Poll :Internet

Started by Ron Wenrich, October 09, 2005, 09:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_Pender

I have enough communist agencies looking down my neck, now. >:(
Frank Pender

Nick B SW Ont Canada

I'm leaning towards no but that is conditional on all existing laws being enforced.  We have enough laws on the books already but we may need to give some of the regulators some additional $$$$$ in order to do their job.

Patty

"may need to give some of the regulators some additional $$$$$ in order to do their job."

Bad idea. It just encourages them.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Tom

Just send me all of the money and I'll make sure they do their jobs.   ;D

.....see ya in Costa Rica!   :D

rbjones03

I voted no. But I disagree with Jeff.  The government came regulate (control) . We as private indivuals and businesses can not regulate. We can police ourselves but regulations can only come from an authority that has the power to enforce it's will.  Jeff can regulate the FF site ( which he does well)  but his only recource for rules violators is to ban them. The government can regulate anything by the stroke of a pen and can have the power of the justice system behind their decisions.

Peterson WPF 8 HI-LO Large Frame

Ron Wenrich

You mean like the speed limit.   :D
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

maple flats

I voted no because I totally agree with Ron Wenrich's signature! You give any entity authority and you immediately have a large group. Just look at many laws, most often made by a large group who have what sounds like good intentions but the law only too often is bad because all angles were not explored, or this large controlling group just wants to impose their misguided a.genda on everyone else.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Patty

I can't post the URL because it is a paid to view site.

WallStreet has an interesting article on this very subject. Titled "e-meddling"  The underscore says "The U.N. has a plan to run the Internet. Uh-oh."

I think we all should be paying attention to this and doing whatever we can to keep the web untethered, so to speak.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Tom

It never ceases to amaze me, how many people, in their every day walk of life, yearn to be controlled and live by the mandate of others.

Ernie

Quote from: Tom on October 17, 2005, 11:45:57 AM
It never ceases to amaze me, how many people, in their every day walk of life, yearn to be controlled and live by the mandate of others.

It saves people from having to take responsibility for their own actions >:(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

isawlogs

I voted yes ..  Without reading any of the above answers . I will go back and read them though .
Regulated to a surten extent , there should be a way somehow to get those Dang pop ups  and those agravating junk mail out of here ... ( internet that is ) its a real pain to have to go through all of this to get to the important things . I asked my mail man not to leave any junk mail in my box I dont get any ... how does one go about that on the net  ???
  Then again there is so much regulations that we have to live with today that it is nice to have some freedum left , just wish there was less hacking and adult intertenmaint on the net that is to easily acsessible to kids .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Patty

Marcel, they make a program called "ad block" to prevent the pop-ups and unwanted adverstising. You may want to check it out. We use it, and I like its effectiveness.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Ernie

Marcel

Try this link for a free program to help with the emails

http://www.mailwasher.net/

With Mozilla Firefox as your browser, you can set it to block popups

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/

Good luck or is it Bonne Chance
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Tom

I use panic ware's Free edition of Popup Stopper

http://www.panicware.com/