Main Menu

Sponsors:

Poll: Ghosts

Started by Ron Wenrich, October 23, 2005, 08:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

:D :D  Yeah, those Cherokee Indians and Civil War Soldiers were just messing with our heads!   :D
Say when

Phorester

Oprah Winfrey was doing a show on halloween beliefs.  She asked the Question; "How many of you believe in ghosts?"  Most of the audience raised their hand.  When asked:"How many of you with your hands up have actually seen a ghost?"  Some of the hands went down.  She then asked; "How many of you with your hands up have been touched by a ghost?"  Practically all the hands went down.  She then asked; "how many of you who have been touched by a ghost have had sexual relations with a ghost?"  All hands went down, except for one lone fellow sitting in the middle of the audience wearing bib overalls and a flannel shirt.

Oprah gasped, then charged up the steps into the audience, microphone held out in front of her.  She shoved her way into the row where this fellow was sitting and asked him to stand up.  She waited until the camera was zeroed in on her and this extrodinary fellow.  "Tell us about your sexual experiences with ghosts!!", she asked breathlessly, and shoved the microphone right up to his lips.

Standing there beaming and with both thumbs hooked into his overall straps, the fellow's eyes opened wide.  He stood there for a few seconds, then said; "GHOSTS!!!......   I thought you said GOATS!!!".

Jeff

Now there is a truly believable ghost story. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Jeff must be in the process of switching smilies from the pumpkin patch to the skeleton crew :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mometal77

My mom was telling me about after her grandfather died.  She was just a kid and the onlyone at home at the time.  She didnt go to the funeral but while she was half asleep in bed someone came to tuck her in and no one was at home.  Ghosts or angels is there a difference?
bobby
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

LeeB

years ago i thought i kept seeing something in te bathroom of an old trailer i was living in at the time. i didn't want to asy anything because i figuerd the wife would have me put away. one night just befoe christmas we were sitting on the couch admiring th tree when it came running down the hallway and knocked the tree over. we looked at each other and were both relieved to know that we weren't crazy. she had been seeing it too for months. it never was anything sscary, just startled you. this went on for quite some time and then we move the trailer to another location. the little spirit or whatever came with us. i say little spirit because it left the impresion of a child. you kinda gotrused to it after a while. a few years later we sold the place and moved to our cuerrent home. sure enough, along came the little one. one night i was alone in the living room watching the tube and looked up to see it looking through a port in the wall which again statrled me. i told it that i had enough beeing startled and said for it to come in and talk about it. it ran off and i haven't seen much of it since. still around though. we never said anything about it to the kids and they never mentioned it till they were grown. seems it used to wake the oldest up at night sitting on her wanting to play. LeeB :o
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Modat22

I've seen, felt and heard things since I was 9. Not sure if I saw ghosts or if I'm just crazy but I like to think they where/are ghosts or perhaps imprints from something that happened with great feeling or pain.

Generally the things I saw where of the out of the corner of the eye type that remain there as long as you don't try to look directly at them.

I've read that this can also be caused by retina problems or early alzhymers onset.

I do believe in ghosts.
remember man that thy are dust.

Wudman

I have lived in several houses through the years that I feel contained another "resident".  As a kid in my parents home, it was not at all unusual to hear doors open and close, dishes move, or hear footsteps.  This went on for a number of years.  Both of my parents have seen some type of apparition standing at the foot of their bed.....both said she was a young girl in the range of 6 years old.  The "spirit" has moved on as the house has been quiet for years.

I also lived in a house in Johns Station, NC that was "inhabited".  It was common to hear doors open and close.  On more than one occasion, I had gotten up to investigate only to find nothing.  One night I had just finished cooking my supper.  I removed a cast iron frying pan from the stove and sat it on the counter beside the sink.  I went in to the den to watch tv as I ate.  I heard the frying pan hit the floor and slide across the ceramic tile.  I got up to see what had happened.  As I entered the kitchen, the pan was in the doorway, about 12 feet from where I had sat it.  It did not fall and roll...it slid.  I had been accustomed to strange stuff from the time of a kid, but that got my attention. 

One other night, my girlfriend was putting some clothes in the dryer.  She came back into the den and wanted to know why I turned the light off on her.  I said I have not moved.  The light switch had been turned off.....we were the only two in the house.  DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

blueox

I believe...for sure! My Gram had lots of good stories. Mostly related to the night a family member past away. Barn lights turning on, vegetable gardens that were dying actually had vegies etc...

But I love halloween. I'm tying to attach a photo of my "halloween" wife Gladys ( I called her Glad-Ass), I'm Hecter! This is my favorite halloween costume. Hecter is a funny, Ole' Hick (probably owns a sawmill....tee hee!) But he cleaned up nice...no saw dust in his shoes ...Now Glad-ass, was a looker, quite a bit taller than me and has a beard, but she don't get out often so I don't mind that she didn't take the time to shave. I wish I could post this picture. You will have to use your imagination.

Laurel

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

dave7191

Modat 22 if it is  alzhymers i've had it from a very young age It could be my eyes but if i'm tried it happens more often but i've had a group of indians that i see every now again always setting on horses standing at the side of the road
sometimes an aminal that isn't there
Dave

Texas Ranger

Dave7191, read Stephan King's Gunfighter series and all will be answered.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Modat22

Quote from: Texas Ranger on November 05, 2005, 04:34:33 PM
Dave7191, read Stephan King's Gunfighter series and all will be answered.

I thought the same thing when I read the series.
remember man that thy are dust.