iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey, Canada!

Started by Texas Ranger, June 27, 2006, 03:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sawguy21

We hadn't noticed :D :D :D Actually, a number of areas throughout western Canada have had record temperatures (including here) and we are waiting for the fire season to go nuts. The forests are very dry.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Texas Ranger

To look at that photo, you are not waiting to go nuts with the fire season.  IT'S THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley_fireman_hat smiley_fireman_hat smiley_fireman_hat
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sawguy21

Those fires are in north eastern Alberta, a lot of poplar and scrub spruce. Sprucegum lives in that area, I wonder if he is on the fireline.
Still pretty quiet here in B.C. but with the current conditions, it could go anytime.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Sprucegum

I live right on the Alberta - Saskatchewan border ,pretty well  straight west of the lowest red dot. But on the scale of things that's still 4 or 5 hours drive away. We had a lot of smpke in the air a couple days ago.

I fought a few fires back in the days when they drug everyone out of the nearest pub and I have a lot of respect for the guys who do it for a living.

What was I doing in a pub? Probably lookin fer a friend  :-X   ;)  ;D

Gary_C

This afternoon, here in southern Minnesota, our skies got somewhat hazy and the temperature dropped in the late afternoon. I also noticed that my eyes were a little irritated. Then on the the late weather they explained that the reason was the wind was coming straight down from the north from Canada where the fires were burning.

Some of those Canadian imports are OK but please no more smoke or Alberta Clippers.   :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Coon

Smoke!! Who's got smoke??  Can't see much else other than smoke here for the past three days.  The winds have been pushing the smoke right on down this way.  But I don't think we have much to worry about with forest fires in this area YET!!!.  We have been having near record temps for the past three days but it's still wet enough that I would have a hard time lighting my dry slab piles and get a good burn.   The east central portion of Saskatchewan has been declared a disaster area because we have had nearly triple our normal rainfall this spring and we were already mighty wet last fall and had a large amount of snowfall last winter. 

We had enough rain this spring that we didn't get all of our land into crop this year (about 1500 acres in out of 2750).  Now if we get alot of heat in July and August we won't have a crop at all because what we have is shallow rooted due to more than sufficient moisture levels.  The heat will just cause the crops to burn very easily.  Just a NO WIN SITUATION.

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Fire weather index has been low here with all the showers and rain every other day. Been warm, but mainly the 70's to low 80's in the shade. Suppose to rain tommorrow, today we had a morning shower.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!