Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I don't need a sign.  :)

Burlkraft

Jeff,
I thought for sure you would have the FF logo tattoo'd on yer butt :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

JimBuis

I hate needles and I certainly cannot imagine why I'd want to pay someone to poke me with one a whole bunch of times. For me tattoos are like having a ring in your nose. I don't understand why anyone would want one. If someone wants one and chooses to have it in a location where it doesn't often show, I think that is fine. However, I still cannot get used to seeing folks dressed for a formal occasion and seeing their tattoos clash with their formal attire.

IMHO,
Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

thecfarm

I really don't care for them,but if they not hurting little kids or old people,let them do it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Paschale

I don't have one, and won't ever get one, though I don't have any problem with them.  First, I'm not a fan of the idea of a needle poking at me a thousand times, and secondly, I can't imagine that I'd ever find some sort of design that I would love so much to think that there would never be a time later in life that I wished I didn't have it. 

I've seen that show Miami Ink several times, and I always get sucked into watching it.  It's kind of opened my eyes to people who have tattoos.  For the most part, tats have some strong meaning to the people who have them.  That goes for a friend of mine.  After a nasty divorce, he had tattooed on his wrist the words "This Too Shall Pass," and for him, it had a double meaning:  the crap will be forgotten, but also, all of the good things he might be going through at any point in his life are things he wants to cherish at the moment, because those too will be gone.  I've found that I like to ask people with tats about the stories they tell--pretty interesting stuff!

He's told me they're addicting, which I don't quite understand.  He's on his fourth tat, and I doubt he'll stop. 

Some random thoughts I have about tats:  I've often seen some really young people with tats, say, at the grocery store, working their way through college.  If the tats are seen on your neck, like a big old serpent winding around your body, I think that person could have trouble at a big time interview later in life.  If I were an employer, I wouldn't want an employee of mine having big ole tats sticking out all over their body.  I think some people are rather short sighted in that regard.  The same goes for the big holes in the ear things that college kids wear.  Go for it, but I think those guys will look pretty silly in those things when they're dropping their kids off to daycare in their forties.   ;D

There was a comic that talked about the future of nursing homes:  a lot of wrinkly skinned people with droopy tats all over their bodies.  He made a joke about how you could maybe do one of those Mad comic things on old stretched out tattoos...fold 'em together, and they'd show a different picture.  ;D

though I wouldn't get one, I have seen some cool tats on people, and I'm not opposed to it. 
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Swede

There is just one in our family having a tatoo. The little dog I gave Annika on her birthday have a number in her ear. 
Every dog in Sweden has to be in a register and have a tatoo or a chip inside the skin.  ::)

The dog is named Zassy, half Labrador Retriver and half Bordercollie. Looks like a Labrador but I think there is a bigger (bordercollie-) "engine".

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Ed_K

I have one, its a murial to myself. It has deep meaning, strength,stealth and honor being some of it. An eagle, brown bear, white tail and mt goat across my chest from shoulder to shoulder. Theres over five hrs and its not done. Yes it is addictive  ;).
Ed K

GHRoberts

I have none.

Nothing worse than seeing an old lady with a tattoo on her breast at the Wall*Mart.

asy

I don't have any, can't stand the thought of drawing something on myself that I may grow to hate.

I have a theory, don't do anything to your body you'd be embarrassed to show your grandchildren.

I don't mind if other people have tattoos, they're just not for me.

Here's a funny that I don't think I've told on here yet: Had a girl that worked for me as a property manager. She had no tat's to start with, then started getting them while she worked for me.  The main one was a HUGE (about 8" tall) Scarab beetle with wings across her lower back. I thought her mum summed it up when she asked "What's with the Dung beetle crawling out of your Dunkey".  We laughed and laughed when she told us.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

barbender

That's not a pretty picture you're painting
Too many irons in the fire

Part_Timer

I have acouple that  I have done myself, not the quality of a professional but they have meaning to me.

I figure that it's up to the individual. 
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Corley5

I don't have tattoos but was close to getting one once.  While working as new construction laborer in the Detroit area my co-workers began referring to me as Wolverine.  It was good natured harassment at first but turned into an honary nickname after I'd proven myself.  I wanted a Wolverine's (the animal not the comic strip guy) head in full snarl on my upper arm or shoulder.  I even went as far as looking and asking about the best tattoo artists.  About that time I was hurt in an auto/pedestrian accident.  I was the pedestrian and never went back to that line of work.  If I hadn't been hurt I'd probably have one and it would have a special meaning to me.  Sometimes I kinda wish I'd have went through with it anyway but wouldn't do it now.  My wife has a music note on one ankle and a flaming ying yang on the other.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

treecyclers

I dated a girl once that had a neat little tattoo just above her "tushy smile", (altered for the tricycle motor viewer potential), that totally drove me nuts - it was so sexy!
A porpoise dancing on a wave at sunset.....mmmm the memories of that dolphin....just above her bikini bottoms...
smiley_devil_trident smiley_angel02_wings
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

ely

i have one and you would have to see it to understand. its on my upper right arm. took me 39 years to decide on getting one. before that i was totally against them in everyway. i guess folks change. besides if i ever do not want it, i will take it off with a belt sander. :D
i still do not care for the jailhouse tats like tom puts on jeff though, but hey everyone is different.

LIL

I have one - had it done when I was 18.  Its on my shoulderblade and I can cover it up or show it off as I see fit. These days I tend to cover it up more (Its an age thing  :-\) I have never regretted having it done and I dont like to think I ever will.  I have often thought of having another - but there has never been another design that has jumped out at me - so I guess the one it is.  However like Patti I also wear earrings - I have five up one side, 3 up the other - just another way of saying "HEY THIS IS ME" :D.  I guess the underlying messages here are each to their own and tolerance - which shows through loud and clear.  :)

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

oldsaw

Nope, none on this guy.  At 44, I must already be "old", since I don't like them on women, and most of them on men look dumb...if you are going to do it, make it interesting. 

I like my ink in a magazine, metal for projects, and silicone around my tub.  Just old fashioned, I guess.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

PineNut

None on me. Saw one man in electrical supply company today.  His arms and legs were covered. If he wants them, it is his skin, not mine.

derhntr

Nope no ink here, Guess I am old too, I can remember when guys got tattoos and girls got their ears pierced.

I don't need wild hair(guess you would have to have some), ink or ear rings or baggy pants to express my indviduallity.
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

Faron

I've been amused at times by the reasons youngsters give for getting a tattoo.  Something like: "I want to express my individuality."  Press a little harder, and it's "Well, everybody is getting one!" :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Trax

QuoteNow, if I could get my girlfriend to get one on her lower back....

The younger guys I work with and my sons and there friends refer to tattoo on a girls lower back as a "Tramp Stamp"

Raphael

"Tramp Stamp" :D
   I'll have to remember that... I like a lot of those tribal designs but I'd be a lot more likely to paint it over my trucks bumper than tatoo it over mine.  ;)

I'll admit I'm a bit of a tatoo snob...  I have no problem w/ service, memorial and art tatoos but mindless flash is either a waste of skin or worse.

SWMBO has two tatoos, she designed the first as a memorial, the second is for ten years after...
I don't have any, but I do have a good idea of what my tatooed self would look like and can't afford it. :D
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

crtreedude

Well, all I can say is that if you do something pretty on your stomach - I sure hope it holds it's shape...

I see them in areas and think "I don't think that is going to age well..."  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

tcsmpsi

I had never had that inclination.  My wife has one that she laments about from time to time.  Large, yellow rose well over 30 yrs old and still bright and colorful.

I see quite a few of those barbed wire tattoos.  Seems to me, that if one really wanted to make such statement, they would get themselves some real barbed wire and wrap around a couple times. 

These later years, there are a lot more of them around.  I suppose some view them as some sort of personal statement.  I always figured if I had something to say, I just come on out and say it. 

Nope.  No earrings, nose rings...or others I have heard of. 

Heck, I'm unique enough as I am.  It has taken decades of perseverance to get this ugly.   ;D

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung