iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas Contest!

Started by Jeff, December 04, 2000, 02:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We are having a contest! Simply e-mail me a photo of your decorated "Holiday" tree before midnight the 20th of December. Photo must be jpeg and under 50K in size.

I will post the pics on a contestants page for all to see. The winner will be drawn at random from entries and will receive a framed art print. Contestant must be registered for the forum, and be able to give a shipping address if selected as the winner.

Registration is free!

Good luck!
 P.S. use design@places-net.com to send photo, and don't forget your name!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I wish to ammend our contest, Some people do not decorate a tree, so other Holiday photos (must be YOUR photo) will do.

Forester  Frank

May we enter more than one? I have an outside tree (hemlock) and an inside tree (blue spruce).

I'll send them both. If you dont like one you can delete it.

"Silver and gold, silver and gold"

Jeff

I think we will keep it to one entry per person Frank, But submit more pics if you like, The more the merrier!
  If we make it one entry per picture, I think our new Photography member will have the advantage, and I might get swamped with entries!

Jeff

The First name in the hat is ....drum roll.....

Timbertim!

Use the link in the upper left to see the entries as they are added.

L. Wakefield

Jeff! Orient me- I can't find the 'link' to view the pic. I looked on the 'upper left'- but found nothing- duh..LW
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Jeff

to view the Christmas Contest entry pictures. There is a link that says Christmas Contest pics! at the top left of every page underneath where it says "you are logged on as:" Looking forward to your entry!

It has been a little bit slow so far but I am taking it because no one has their tree up yet. Can't believe no one would enter, seeing as it is free!

Theguide

Jeff,

I am going the "living tree" route this year.  Kim and I will not be home for Christmas but her folks are coming next weekend.  The living tree will be a part of our time together.

I will plant the tree on Monday and hope for the best.  The tree is a Norway spruce and I live "slap dab" in the Heart of Dixie.  I have some reservation about the tree's survival.

I will send a pic next week....

Steve
Steve Nix
Forestry Guide at About

Theguide

Jeff,

I see you have my tree up.  Just remember.  That tree will be planted to live another day-cade, I hope....

Steve Nix
Forestry Guide at About

Texas Ranger

I may have asked this before, how do I upload my picture?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Forester Frank

I am still in. Just having a hard time getting the picture taken. Have patients.
Forester Frank

Texas Ranger

I want to post my tree, how?  Here it is at url and my web site.

http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/webworks/tree.jpg
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Your Time is running out Frank! tick tick tick

RavioliKid

The trees are beautiful. And, I like the snowflakes falling on the screen.

I haven't been able to dig out a picture of anything. School is just too hectic this time of year.

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. If I write a thousand word essay, will that suffice? <g>

Nice contest!

Merry Christmas and a most wonderful new year to you and yours!
RavioliKid

Jeff

Well,

Just an update. As of Friday the 12th of Jan. Our first contest winner has not received his prize yet. That is 11 days in the mail!

I guess that's what Bill get's for living where they have to strap the mail on a moose, then give him a chain saw  a compass and a case of Molson to get there.

Bill Johnson

Yep. Thats the problem, you see the metal in the beer caps is creating magnetic pull on the compass. The only the way the moose can find his way here is to drink all the beer first, but then we end up with a pickled moose who wanders off to god knows where. Once he sobers up he has absolutely no idea where he is and is mad as hell and since he got lost in the first place he no longer trusts his compass. I just have to be wait sooner or later he'll find his way here, and as soon as he does I'll let you all know.
Bill
Bill

Bill Johnson

Well guess what!! A badly hung over moose wandered into town this morning bearing gifts.
My wife just happened to be at the post office and brought the picture home.
It arrived intact so I guess the moose never dropped it on his way up here but there is still no explaination as to why it took 15 days to get here.
She says its gorgeous and as I got off the phone with her she was looking for a place to hang it in the living room.
Thanks much Jeff.

I'll probalbly have a few more words to add tomorrow after I get a chance to see it tonight.
Bill
Bill

Bill Johnson

Alright!! It's a great picture well worth the wait.
We've hung it on the living room wall and are inviting all the neighbours in to see it, that isn't too hard to do since there's only 126 in the whole hamlet, if I offer free beer it should only take a day or two.
Once again Jeff great picture. Thanks much.
Bill

Jeff

For Beer I might come and check it out!

I'm glad your happy with it Bill. That is one of the first paintings I ever did. The painting is what got me started on making websites. Problem was my websites got more attention then the art, so here we are.

If anybody would like to check out any of my art they can go to http://www.sensible-net.com/amazing

That's the address of an old personal site.

Jeff

Last modification: admin - 01/21/01 at 06:24:47

Thank You Sponsors!