Sponsors:

What is our average age?

Started by Jeff, January 13, 2008, 05:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

I was thinking it, but didn't wanna say it. :D I figured Furby would catch on to that one first. ;D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

LeeB

I dunno Tom. Seems like I pretty much resemble the profile myself. Big bulge in the middle. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

kelLOGg

Thanks for starting the poll. The shape looks interesting - so far it falls off rapidly in the late 60's. Wonder why ? :D
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Lud

DanG........

YOU'LL ALWAYS BE ABOVE AVERAGE!!! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Jeff

Quote from: kelLOGg on January 14, 2008, 07:16:28 AM
Thanks for starting the poll. The shape looks interesting - so far it falls off rapidly in the late 60's. Wonder why ? :D

Cause they earned the right to sleep in and aint voted yet. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DanG

Slept all the way through Sunday, didya TR? :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

jrob

Looks like I'm not "over-the-hill" yet.  8)

CHARLIE

Well, I answered your poll before I read your message.  I'm not a sawmiller, but my age is in the poll anyway. ;D  I'm really not all that old.....I'm just well worn. :D  Tom is not only real old but he's worn out! :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodbowl

Wow!  It drops off sharply after 55, then again to almost nothing after 65.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Texas Ranger

That's the way it is, almost nothing after 65 :'(

Tom

Somebody get Mr. Ivan Booker to sign up for the over 80.  Hurry!

Warbird

Sheesh.  I feel like I've wandered into an old folks home!  *running*  ;) ;D

Tom

You can't hide. It'll catch you wherever you go.

Warbird

I was just kiddin'!  Honest!  'sides, I ain't no spring chicken anymore.  40 is looming real close.

SwampDonkey

40?  :D :D :D

About like my cousin, he thinks he's old at 41.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

Naw.  I don't think I'm old.  But I'm certainly not 'young' anymore, either.  And I really was just kidding.  I'm well aware that most of the 'old timers' around here could probably kick my butt!

IL Bull

Us old farts are here to help.  (That's what I tell my kids) 8)
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

asy

Well, I'm with warbird, Staring 40 in the eye, not sure which of us will blink first...

Quote from: Jeff on January 14, 2008, 12:11:07 AM
Nah, there aint enough 36-40 year olds for that.  :D

I've voted now, helping this group!

Boss I was surprised at your guesstimate of mid 40's, I would have guessed more like Furby's guess, at Mid 50's. Mind you it's a little late to be guessing now, the bell seems well and truly established...

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

slidecreekdan

I have nothing else to say about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

Quote from: slidecreekdan on January 16, 2008, 08:07:26 AM
  I have nothing else to say about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldtimers eh? ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gary_C

Burlkraft must not have voted cause there is not a category for "about to be born again."  :) :)

I am not only above average, but at the top of my age group.  8)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Texas Ranger

Not but 15 in and above my age, you young whipper snappers better start paying respect to us old gray heads. ::)

Warbird

Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 16, 2008, 10:11:36 AM
Not but 15 in and above my age, you young whipper snappers better start paying respect to us old gray heads. ::)

I think those of us that some of you view as younger *are* here as a measure of respect.  Life experience is worth a lot and if younger folks would take the time to listen to folks who've already been down that road, they might find life a lot easier.

Right now, I'm going through "the transition".  I'm not quite 40 yet and still consider myself young.  However, I've been letting lots of the 'kids' from church use my shop/garage to work on their vehicles.  Trying to change out a water pump at -35 F just ain't no fun unless you're in a heated shop with compressed air and some of those types of goodies.

The realization that I'm in this 'transition period' was sort of a rude awakening.  See, the 'kids' (who are all well into their 20's) kept calling me Mr 'Warbird', and saying "thank you so much", and in one case, the kid couldn't get one of the water pump bolts loose and was worried about twisting the head off of it.  So I showed him a few tricks and we got 'er done.  The look on his face when that bolt loosened up is something I hope to remember for a long time.  He was so happy it was just great.  That young man just got married and it was his girl friend's (now wife's) car.

Anyway...  it was shocking to realize that these 'kids' were looking up to me the way I look up to my Elders at church or some of you guys around here.  Yeah, younger folks *should* respect their elders and try to learn from them.  It doesn't always happen that way in today's world but when it does, it sure is special.

Texas Ranger

Warbird, I didn't think I was old, till stuff stopped working right this past year, and I got a couple of decades on ya.  Keep thinking young, helps a bunch.