iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Things you should never do...........

Started by Burlkraft, November 20, 2008, 09:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

.....To yer Kubota....... >:(  >:(  >:( ::)  ::)

And as usual Kubota has everything captive, so even Mark in my radiator shop couldn't help me. I'm at the mercy of my dealer. It also took out some plastic accoutrement's and the fan and the shroud. I was able to beat everything else straight.

Now I'm just waitin' fer my ship to come in with my parts  :-\  :-\  :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Tom

Put some oatmeal in it.  Maybe it will seal up the leak.  :D :D

How in the heck did you do that?

Dodgy Loner

I've also seen some commercial leakstop for radiators that you may want to try ;D.  That looks like a lot like something I would do ::)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Burlkraft

I tried some stop leak, but when the stick moves it just starts leaking again  :D  :D  :D

I was cuttin' some logs and this sapling was broke off and of course I back over it and it rammed up in there.

6" to the right or left and it wudda hit some skid plates  :-\  :-\  :-\

Warbird

Quote from: Burlkraft on November 20, 2008, 10:31:27 AM
I tried some stop leak, but when the stick moves it just starts leaking again  :D  :D  :D

*spitting coffee* LOL LOL

Gary_C

Ouch.   :o

Murphy's law rules the woods.  I haven't yet shown the pictures of what happens when you go ice skating in a harvester. The tear stains haven't dried yet.   ;D ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

beenthere

Ouch!! 
Da ya need a green one to finish the job... ;D ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tim L

I'm no mechanic , but it seems that might hinder performance .
Do the best you can and don't look back

timberfaller390

Quote from: Burlkraft on November 20, 2008, 10:31:27 AM
6" to the right or left and it wudda hit some skid plates  :-\  :-\  :-\
Hey I think I see your problem. ;D  :D  :)
looks like it's time to add some more skid plates and screens.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Maineloggerkid

(looks at radiator)....... well there's your problem. :D
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

beenthere

mainloggerkid timberfaller390
You guys are good. Now I see it too.. ;D ;D ;D

At first I thought it was a new idea for a de-barker.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

stumpy

I see your problem, there's a log sticking through your radiator :D :D :D  I'd say just leave it in there and don't wiggle it.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Corley5

Whoops,  Pinch off them cores with a pair of needle pliers, smear a little JB Weld on em and you'll be fine.  Probably oughta put some Bars Leak or Silver Solder in the radiator after ya start her up just for good measure  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Burlkraft

All is well....I just got done puttin' her back together  ;D  ;D  ;D

There ain't nuthin' that $580.00 and some air freight won't fix   :D  :D  :D

Gary_C

Did you use the same stick or did you have to get a new one?  ??? ???

:D :D :D

Ianab

Years ago our neighbour had a similar run in with a stick, but it got jammed into the govenor / injector pump of his diesel SAME tractor.

Busted off the kill switch and jammed it full throttle, no govenor.  :o

Said it sounded like a Formula 1 race car for about 5 seconds, then went BANG

That one was an expensive rebuild but I think his insurance covered it.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Gary_C

Ian, what is the name of that insurance company?   ;D

Burlkraft

Quote from: Gary_C on November 20, 2008, 05:59:22 PM
Ian, what is the name of that insurance company?   ;D

Sorry Gary...It's too late for that now... :-\ :-\    :D

Mooseherder

Who left that DanG stick in da way! ;D  :(

Stephen1

I had just finished working on the my old mill, ground down the rails , made everything level, pulled the mill out of the barn, loaded the head, pulled the mill around the front to get it out of the way,(passing thought was to tie the head down) did not like where I was going to park it , so I pulled ahead down the driveway, put the brakes on, the DANG head come down the mill so fast did not have time to swear, hit the blocks at the end  into the back of my new truck while the tailgate was up, not pretty, blocked the road, cars are honking, only I can't lift the sawhead by myself.  I had to go get the loader to lift the sawhead out of between the truck and the mill. At least the sawhead looks okay, I will try cutting this week-end to see if I twisted the frame at all.  Sometimes you gotta wonder where the thinking cap is!!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

zopi

Aww just stick with it..it'll work out in the end...

I'd make a carved walking stick outta the sapling...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Dale Hatfield

My theory on Murphs law in the woods is all based on the Time of the day.
It seams to me that major Muck ups happen at the latter part of the day.
As we are tring to hurry up and get things finished up ,or to get that last tree. as it will finish the load .or I have time for one more. This is when things tend to snafu and things tend to unwrap in front of you.
For example today  2:45  gotta leave by 3:15 . Tell skidder driver to grab the logs just below the rock overhang. Easy enough  drop winch  and pitch it over the edge and ill hook em up. 7 mins later winch line is now 30 feet shorter than it was. Something in 15 years with same machine i have never seen happen.which was a new line. Which by the way broke at the drum and  didnt touch the rock.
So I feel your pain. and will feel it again next week Im sure
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

beenthere

Worse things can happen, and I'll be thankful when the loss is only material things.

This thread, and Stephan1's misshap, sorrowfully remind me of our past member, Mark_M.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,12619.0.html

Apparently, while loading a log from a residential lot along a street, he was winching it onto his trailer, standing on the tongue. The log pushed down on the rear of the trailer, raised the tongue taking the weight off the rear wheels of his truck (or Suburban?) so the brakes didn't hold his rig from heading off downhill (or that the parking brake didn't hold, or akin to that). Caught him under the trailer tongue, and dragged him to his death. Freakish accident, but not so far off from the kinds of things many of us are close to doing often while in the woods. Taking logs downhill on an arch is one that comes to mind, or downhill with anything for that matter.

Be careful out there.  :)

south central Wisconsin

OneWithWood

I think about Mark's tragedy everytime I use my log trailer or move logs.

It is why I am putting brakes on my new Logrite T30 before I take it into the woods.  Got the brakes coming from 'Truck Part City'.
I have already had the not-so-pleasant experience of having the rear of the tractor pushed up an over by a wagon of stone while heading down a steep slope.  Good thing I had the loader on the front  :o

So now I own a piece of Burlkraft's Kubota   ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!