Sponsors:

How long have you been a Forestry Forum member?

Started by Jeff, September 23, 2009, 07:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The question was posed in the Forestry Forum's birthday thread of how many people have been here over 7 years. I figured a Poll would better then citing stats. :)    So how much of the 9 years so far have you been around and how long did you lurk before you joined?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

breederman

I joined on march 11 2003 over 61/2 years ago just so I could ask a question. I liked it so much that I stayed! :D
Together we got this !

LeeB

8 years and 63 days where I am right now, one day less back at home. I didn't really lurk much before joining as much as I did for the first 6 or 7 years after. Been trying to make up for it since then. Just had to break out of my shell.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

scsmith42

January of 2006 for me; only 3-1/2 years.  Sure seems like longer though; I have really enjoyed this site and it's members.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Roxie

Say when

Dan_Shade

Jan 2005 for me.  so over 4 years.  I couldn't believe it's been that long.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pineywoods

Just a little over 3 years. I joined as soon as I saw this place. found it from an article by tom and Bibby in the woodmizer magazine. Have personally met a few members, hope to meet many more.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

nas

Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

fishpharmer

Not long enough!  Less than a year.

Becoming a member of FF should be a college requirement for all those in the forestry/biology/ag majors.

And mandatory for all first time sawmill buyers (or builders). ;D 

Sawmill manufacturers should use this place as a marketing tool-
"With your new sawmill comes free membership to Forestry Forum!"

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

stumpy

Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

CHARLIE

Since June 22, 2001, 01:27:31 PM.  Invited to join by my brother Tom.  He regrets it now. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Faron

Almost 8 years.  I didn't have much to say for a while, though. :P
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

DanG

One more month and it will be eight years.  What a ride! 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

crtreedude

December 12, 2003, 02:52:13 AM, yep, like usual, very early in the morning!

Almost seven years you all have been putting up with me.  ;)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Wildflower

September 10, 2000, 01:45:43 PM
Over 9 years and I have to say I have met a lot of very nice people.   I am very glad Jeff had the thought to create a place like this. ;D
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Norm

thecfarm

Dec 12th 2002.I found this great place and than I got busy with life and left for a while.Busy working the land and making my place a better place for me and the wife to enjoy.Realized I would never get it all done in 4 lifetimes,so I came back to enjoy you all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

submarinesailor

Raider Bill

Will be 3 years in November for me.

I don't own a mill yet but that is down the road for sure,

I'm not a logger but have 69 acres of trees to take care of,

I'm not a woodsmith or builder but with the great help from all of you I managed to build a nice house amoungst my trees,

I look forward to all the posts so I can learn not only about forestry and logging but your views opinions and life in general.

This is my all time favorite place to be on the web.

I was reading in the forum history where it was planned to be only about forestry and loggers. I'm glad that has changed so people like me are allowed in :) I Apoligize to those that put up with my sometime dumb questions.

Thank all of you for your help, wisdom, and insights.

Thank you Jeff for starting this great place with great people!

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

OneWithWood

July 22, 2002.

What a long, strange trip its been  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Bro. Noble

milking and logging and sawing and milking