iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Brain Buster

Started by CHARLIE, May 10, 2010, 11:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

I did better than you did.  I got 8 of them right.  You might think that we tied, but that's because you got so many wrong first.

isawlogs

I managed 9/20 , I need to study some .  :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

I didn't have to take the test.  I got an exemption because my brain is already busted. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ScottAR

half right is better than none right I guess.  ;D ::)
apparently, I should read more.
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

DoubleD

10 out of 20

I need to study more :P

Davide ;D
Wannabe a sawmiller

ErikC

9 out of 20. Got all the food ones right though..... :D
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

D Hagens

18 out of 20, I'm good at these things. :)

breederman

8 out of 20 I also got the food ones right. ;D
Together we got this !

scgargoyle

I got all the sensory ones wrong except the colors, and I'm color blind! I did better on the ones where you actually have to know something :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

SPIKER

ahh did OK 11 right, but I missed a lot of the tech taste thingies, I'm not into bodily functions  :o

heheh

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

pigman

I got 20 out of 20. 8)
I am not good at these things, but I am good at lying. :D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

GaryinMississippi

12 of 20 but I have an 85% hearing loss so the sound ones are a given miss.

Ernie

12/20  very annoyed with myself at the ones I missed.  Must be old age :(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

customsawyer

9 out of 20 so I think I will go fishing.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

IMERC

Quote from: customsawyer on May 16, 2010, 10:10:53 AM
9 out of 20 so I think I will go fishing.

yur welcome to share this spot I've found....
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Brucer

16 / 20.

It's a little scary the amount of random trivia I've accumulated over the years. What I can't figure out is why I remember it all instead of the important stuff ???.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Tom

Brucer, you never know when you will use trivial little bits of information that you store in the back corners of your mind.  Here is a little story that I told to my Brother, cousins, a few of my dearest friends.  I figured that it would be entertaining, even though they might never use the information.  Living in BC, you would probably be one of the least to use it, but its some more trivia to keep you from wasting the corners of your brain.  Corners are hard to fill since information seems to come in circles.  The best the world has been able to do, until now, is put stuff in books, but books are rectangular and it's really difficult for them to get anything to fit.  They're selling CD's now that might work better, but they don't store very good and keep rolling off down the road.  In your head seems to be the best place to keep stuff.  Even if you can't use it, perhaps you will know someone, one day, who can.  :)
------------------

Can y'all name the Capitols of Georgia?   The Capital moved around a bit, through the years, and I had to learn from whence it came and to where it went, for a History test.   Here's how to do it.

You might not know it but there is a city in Georgia named Alma. If you didn't know it , you do now and won't forget it.

Savannah was the first Capital of Georgia though there never was a meeting house and the Capital was moved to Augusta.  Back and forth between Augusta and Savannah the Legislatures would go until Augusta finally claimed the position, because it had a Capitol.  Then, because Augusta was too far east, it was moved to Louisville, then to Milledgeville and finally to Atlanta.

Do you wonder how it's spelled?  No, I'm not asking you to spell "i-t".   A Capital is the city in which the legislature resides and a Capitol is the building that holds the Government.  Yes, a Capital has avenues.

We were told that, even though Savannah was the first Capital, it had no Capitol.  The first was in Augusta.

A.....Augusta
L......Louisville
M.....Milledgeville
A......Atlanta

.....................Alma, Georgia.

Now, even if there is an argument about Savannah's role in all of this, and an argument as to the spelling of the center of government, It was involved and explanatory enough that I could remember the cities.

Do you think that you will remember this information?

Brucer

Quote from: Tom on May 18, 2010, 02:27:47 PM
Do you think that you will remember this information?

Remember -- it's going to take me a couple of days to even figure it out. I probably won't forget Alma though.

My former boss used a similar method to remember Lord Nelson's four major sea victories. I ain't gonna explain it here 'cause Jeff'd put me in the woodshed and throw away the key.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!